November Facts About Me

November is month 11, so this will have 11 facts that have to do with me and this month. One: I love the Fall - Winter days. Two: Out of my huge "close" family, we only have one birthday this month. Though my boyfriends dad, and my ex both have birthdays this month too. Three: My first time at a Comic Con was last November, as well as my first Spooky (Halloween) thing being this November. Four: The boyfriend and I took our very first roadtrip together shortly after being together a year, as we went from Rhode Island to Michigan for the Packers VS Lions Thanksgiving day game in 2011. (Which just so happened to be on my ex's birthday, ugh lol). Five: And on our walk back to the hotel down the road after the game, we saw some of the Packers up close when they were going to their buses, as they stopped by the fence to say hi to fans. Boyfriend loved that.. Wish we still had the photos we took from it. Six: Mom and I almost always wake up and watch the Macy's Thanskgiving day parade, before catching some football. Seven: Last year was the only year we didn't put our Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving. Eight: For the last maybe 8 years, we've gone bowling on Thanksgiving, after doing the tree. (Except last year, obviously). Nine: I usually have the next years calendars filled out and ready to be put up in November. (So far I haven't started this years). Ten: I love looking at Christmas lights, so I get excited when stores decorate, and everyone starts putting them up outside their homes. Eleven: I love the Little Debbie's Gingerbread men cookies and hate that I can only get them this time of year. Photo is mine of the boyfriend and I at the game before it started. Do not save, copy or use it. Thanks.
I want to say that my hubby was at that game on Thanksgiving day all of those years ago. The Lions had a brutal loss, if memory serves me correctly, but he is a die-hard Lions fan and their losses won't make him dislike them.
Nosa!! Omg.! Wish we talked back then, or like we do now to have met him! Yes lions lost! Lol.
@Courtlynn He went to a couple of their games on Thanksgiving Day. I have been to a few of their games but only during either the preseason or the regular season. I am not much of a football fan, as you know, so it was nothing exciting for me. The first preseason game that we went to was at night. And the tunnel bus driver (we park in Canada and just take the tunnel bus across the border) dropped us off at a spot which was not a designated drop off, so we were not sure where to go to get the pick up. The downtown was really busy as there was a Rianna concert at the ball park next door. We were lost for a long time wandering around in downtown Detroit at night looking for our bus. It was something we would have done as teens, not in our early 50's. But we did.
@Juliaacv yeah the bf didnt like being there because it's a "bad area" at night especially, but he wanted to go to the game so we did it and made sure we only went out for the game and spent the rest of our time there in the room. I've been to i think two preseason games and a few regular games.
November is a very special month, I see. To me, it always meant family at Thanksgiving, but not this year. Two of my 3 sisters-in-law have birthdays. We always used to celebrate. Again, not this year. We spoke on the phone and texted.
Sorry to hear. We would do a family gathering, if that's what we usual did. But its almost always been me and mom, and my brother too growing up
@Courtlynn You are so lucky. I told everyone in my family it is off this year. They do understand. The good thing, I don't have to polish the silver and crystal. lol. I thought of that yesterday.
@DianneN thats a plus for sure. We just use regular day to day stuff for our holiday meals so much less stress
@Tina30219 (59611)
• Onaway, Michigan
Nice picture of you.Little Debbie cakes are good never had the gingerbread cookies though. I love the Swiss rolls.
They're so good!
@Tina30219 (59611)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Courtlynn I will have to get some when we go grocery shopping
@Tina30219 goodluck finding them. We only found them at market basket. But i know walmart has had them in the past.
I don’t like colder weather but am happy we have had such nice days. The neighbors down the street have decorated their lawn it looks really impressive and I’m not a fan of lights so they did a great job in my book. That’s neat you do that filling out the calendar for next year in November. I usually don’t even get a calendar for the kitchen wall until a few months into the new year .
Utoh! Gotta make sure you keep up with the calendar this time! Lol. Woo go neighbors!
I love the picture. Do you remember who won the game? I'm guessing the Packers. I imagine Comic-Con was a lot of fun. Lots of nice things about you and November.
Yes the pack won . He was so happy. And then seeing them in person so close after was like christmas for him, lol. Comic con was so fun, after the whole finding our way around lol. Thank you.
@Courtlynn I'm sure seeing them in person was awesome! I'm glad you had fun with Comic-Con. You're welcome.
@just4him many of them are no longer packers now. Makes me sad. Lol.
@CarolDM (103228)
A great photo. I think some of these treats should be sold year round as well. Good to read more about you.
Thank you so much . Yes! Bugs me that they aren't.
@CarolDM (103228)
@Courtlynn Send an email to Little Debbie and request they are sold year round.
@CarolDM sounds like a good idea!
@moffittjc (91709)
• Gainesville, Florida
A lot of my favorite memories with my parents were from November. Every year, we would take the whole Thanksgiving week off and go camping as a family. It was always such a wonderful time. And then when we got back from the week-long camping trip, we would put the Christmas tree up together and decorate the house for the holidays.
Sounds lovely!
@moffittjc (91709)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn It definitely brings a smile to my face when I think about those wonderful memories.
Very interesting. Now I know you even better.
Thanks. I tried as I figured it was time to try a different way to post facts lol.
I hope your November is great and you're enjoying every bit of it and December will be even better.
22h
Nope November suckefd
You should always put initials on your photos because people will definitely copy or use it. November, so fast and December is closing in.
Ive never seen anyone use them. And its 2020 so dont see why someone would use others photos (Especially of people). But just hope no one will.
Looking at the Christmas lights outside is exciting,
My birthday and my husband's birthday are in November. My granddaughter's birthday is in November. I was there and saw her being born and now she is 26 and married with two boys. How time does fly. I love the little Debbie's gingerbread cookies. We bought two bags last week.
Happy birthday! It does fly.
@youfiq (373)
Lots of facts about you in November