Where do they come up with this cr*p?
Walnut Creek, California
November 25, 2020 4:23pm CST
Do you ever get garbage SPAM emails like the one I just received? I just got this, and it only served to increase my disgust for politicians in general, and in particular "Republican" politicians right now. But my hunch is that most Republicans don't condone this kind of cr*p, much as most Democrats would rather hear about suggestions for positive change over "Back Lives Matter" BS. I'll just attach what I received and ask you to comment. As a California Democrat, I never heard ANYTHING about "moving to Georgia" or "changing the outcome of the Georgia Senatorial race." Does it bother you when politicians, whether on the Right or the Left, lie through their teeth with impunity? --- Did you see this, Friend? Radical California Democrats are FLOCKING to Georgia in order to influence our Senate runoff elections. And, if that wasn’t bad enough, liberal Californians are saying that they want to MOVE to our state so that they can VOTE on January 5th. Friend, we MUST put a stop to this before it’s too late. We cannot let Californians infiltrate our state and hijack our elections. EMERGENCY DONATE TO FIGHT BACK RUSH DONATE $500 RUSH DONATE $250 RUSH DONATE $100 RUSH DONATE $50 RUSH DONATE $25 If coastal Democrats get their way in Georgia, Friend, they’ll stop at NOTHING to raise our taxes, take away our 2nd Amendment rights, and impose DANGEROUS regulations. Friend, I need you to step up RIGHT NOW if we’re going to prevent Georgia from turning into the next liberal wasteland. With your support, I know we can show California Democrats that we will NEVER allow them to ruin our great state. CONTRIBUTE HERE
17 people like this
@TheHorse "Trump’s solicitation website carries a banner headline that says “OFFICIAL ELECTION DEFENSE FUND” and “CONTRIBUTE NOW.” Scrolling down the page would take a donor to the fine print, which shows that donations are split between “Save America,” which gets 60% of the money, and the RNC, which gets the other 40%. None of the money flows to Trump’s official “recount” committee fund until Trump’s Save America share reaches the legal contribution limit of $5,000, according to the disclosures. That means that, before a dollar goes into the recount fund, Save America would receive $5,000 and the RNC around $3,300. Donations to the recount committee are legally limited to $2,800. If a Trump donor gave $500, for instance, $300 would go to Trump’s Save America PAC, $200 would to the RNC - and nothing would go to his election defense fund."
• Wapello, Iowa
@NewWorldOptimist I'm thinking the same thing. This purely to steal money from frightened simpletons. If it were real, how could they "fight" anyone from going to Georgia or move there if they wanted to? If they had all the money in the world, it wouldn't help at all.
• Newport, Oregon
@TheHorse I met a man probably forty years ago who tried to hire me to do fundraising. When he told me I could keep as much as 80 percent of what I collected, I walked away. Supposedly it is legal, or so he said. I never looked into it deeply but I just could not do that and still look at myself in the mirror every day.