February 5 - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's been a good day. A very cold day and going to get colder in the next two weeks. I'm thankful for warm clothes. I wore a hoodie, winter jacket, a hat, balaclava, mask, gloves, and boots to go out and scrape the snow and ice off the car so I could leave before they started plowing the parking lot. It took half an hour to get it scraped so I could leave. I'm thankful for the time spent with my grandson today. My son wasn't home, but he was. When I arrived after a short shopping trip, he said he needed milk. I told him I would take him to get it. He said he didn't have any money. I said I would take him to go get it. He caught on fast and we were soon on our way to Target which is just down the road from where they live. He also picked up some food, and I finally found cashew milk. Neither Festival nor Wal-Mart had it. We talked and watched a little TV before I left to come home. I'm thankful for food. I've been wanting turkey, but haven't found it until today. Wal-Mart had it. I got a nice smoked turkey leg that became my lunch and dinner. Those things are huge. I'm thankful for the work I accomplished on Vendetta. I know I still have a lot of editing to do with what I just put together. I'll get to it in the edit and revision process when the book is finished. Okay, that's my day. I'm going to get the notifications finished and then either watch TV. I need my Gibbs fix yet today, or go to bed, most likely after my Gibbs fix. I might not finish that turkey leg until tomorrow. I'm already yawning and it's only shortly after 5 PM. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me. Another snow pic from when it all started. We got 6.7 inches of snow.
I am thankful for cinnamon apple tea, so good,,,,and the chat group for cash I got to do today.
That tea sounds delicious. That's great you could join the chat group yesterday.
@CarolDM (158286)
Pretty snowfall photo. Thankful for my health again today. Have a good weekend.
Thank you. I'm glad you're healthy.
@CarolDM (158286)
@macayada (1524)
What a beautiful day for you, everyday is a thanksgiving day. You have a very healthy, inspiring spiritual lifestyle.
Thank you. Yes, it is.
I am glad you could spend some time with your grandson. I am thankful that we did not get the announced snow.
Thank you. It's good you didn't.
@just4him We had a cloud of Sahara desert sand blown here by the wind, the air is yellow/orange today.
@LadyDuck I didn't know it traveled that far.
@wolfgirl569 (49300)
• Marion, Ohio
We get Gibbs on Tuesday nights here. But always need that fix
I'm watching it on Netflix. I'm on Season 7. Yes, I find I need this fix every day.
@wolfgirl569 (49300)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him As we have watched it every year since it started I watch other things on netflix. Right now going back through the series Heartland to remind myself as we go into the newest season added to it.
@wolfgirl569 I like Heartland, I just can't get into it. I'll watch it when I don't want to watch anything else. Then I really like it a lot and wonder why I don't keep watching it. I have a strange relationship with the series.
I am thankful I was able to keep my doctor appointment. I always make morning appointments because the later in the day the worse I feel. However, I had to come in at 4pm this time, and I didn't end up feeling badly at all. I am very thankful for that.
I'm glad you had a good appointment and didn't feel bad at that time of the day.
@just4him My doctor looked terrible. I told him I'd pray for him because it was obvious he was in pain.
@AmbiePam I'm sorry he didn't look good and was in pain.
You get a good dump of snow. A very full day you had. I am grateful for the chance to get out in the cold with a friend and snowshoe. And for a mystery shop to pay for my gas to drive there
Yes, it was. I'm glad you got out and snowshoed with a friend. It's good you had a mystery shop.
• Rockingham, Australia
That's great that you're getting a nice lot of snow.
Thank you. I'm very happy when I look out the window.
I am thankful for warm clothes, a warm place of employment, warm home. It is going to dip to like -15 below tonight and stay pretty cold for the next week. Stay warm & bundled up!
Yes, we're caught in the same Arctic blast. I think we'll be around the same here. You too. I'm staying in today. I have nowhere I need to be.
I'm thankful that Jack and I had a great school day and that my new car (new to me) is ready and I will be able to get it next week.
That's great you both had a good school day. I'm glad your car is ready for you to pick up next week.
@rheicel (7746)
I'm thankful for today because I always have the chance to wake up every morning.
That's great you're thankful for waking up every day.
@spiderdust (11592)
• San Jose, California
What a lovely view in that picture! I am thankful that we've had nice weather today. Work wasn't very stressful either.
Thank you. I'm glad you had nice weather and work wasn't stressful.
I went out today to shop and go to the dentist. I decided to walk since I want to get more steps in. It's really disgusting out but the weather was nice. My rolling bag was the perfect fit for the bags I had to carry. Since the snow was melting I am thankful I did not fall and break something. Now I am home watching a movie.
I'm glad you got out to walk to the shop and dentist. You got a lot of fresh air that way.
@moffittjc (100575)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm thankful that the high fever, aches and chills I experienced yesterday seems to have been a 24-hour thing, as I'm feeling much better today. Was worried for a minute that it could have been the new variant of Covid.
I'm glad it was only the flu and not the COVID variant.
@moffittjc (100575)
• Gainesville, Florida
@just4him Well, I don't know for sure if it was a cold, the flu, or Covid, but whatever it was left me as fast as it hit me.
@moffittjc I'm glad it did.
@kaylachan (26595)
I'm thankful that today went simi-smothly. I'm thankful for my provider, as they had an opening and could get my wi-fi fixed quickly. He was able to arrive early so that was a good thing, too. I'm thankful my husband is on the way home, because it's been one hell of a ride.
I'm glad you had a good day. It's good your provider arrived early and got you all set up and working properly.
@kaylachan (26595)
@just4him I am really happy about that, too.
You got a lot of snow. I am glad you got to spend time with your grandson.
Thank you. I'm glad I did too.
Sounds like you had a good day. I am thankful I finally got access to some of my older files and documents that had been stuck on my desktop PC when I switched to the laptop. Finally, I can really organize this weekend.
That's good you can organize your files this weekend.
• Midland, Michigan
That's a lot of snow, Valerie. I'm thankful I signed up for the current bible study. I'm learning a lot more than I expected I would. It's helping me be more thankful for the things I have so I don't complaint about what I don't have yet which is perfect healing of my foot. I'm glad you got to spend time with your grandson. I don't remember how old he is. I'm thankful you for all that snow rather than us.
I'm glad the Bible Study is helping you and you're learning a lot. He's 27, I think. No, 25. I had to use the calculator. It's much easier when they're little.
@kobesbuddy (136282)
• East Tawas, Michigan
It's getting even colder tonight, according to the weather map on television. I think our wind chill is dipping to negative figures tonight. I'm glad you had a nice time with your grandson today. I invited Zachary to stop by tonight, but I still wonder if he will. I have a clock I want to give him.
I know it got into the negatives for lows last night, but I don't know what it was. Thank you. I had a good time with him. I hope he stopped by.
@kobesbuddy (136282)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him It's even colder this morning, the wind chill.
@kobesbuddy We're at -16 the last time I looked. It could be more by now as that was a couple of hours ago.
It’s going to get cold here, too. Storm coming tomorrow.
I'm sorry you're getting cold there too. Enjoy the snow. Or not.
@just4him Our free heat is keeping us nice and toasty. Snow is pretty only because of its color and if the dogs keep off it.
@DianneN Yes, it's important the dogs stay off. Yellow snow isn't good for you. I prefer fresh fallen snow. It tastes so good!