The Trivial Mystery Solved: Found the Charging Cable!

@ptrikha_2 (29391)
Some of you might have seen one of my previous discussions which talked of a missing charging cable which we had used to transfer data from mobile to laptop. This was found in an unexpected place- inside the washing machine!! We had put some clothes for wash and once the machine had completed its cycle, I saw the cable- it was a bit wet but not too much!! And now it has been "washed" and "dried". Yet friends do not let such a thing happen to you and well, charging and data cables do not need a wash. Disinfectant sprays though could do! And thanks to a lot of folks for their encouraging words!! Have a nice week ahead!
Glad that you found it.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@Tampa_girl7 Yes I was highly relieved on getting the charging cable.
@sunrisefan (27187)
My daughter who is a nurse had a worse situation - she forgot to take out her debit card from her uniform's pocket when she placed her duty clothes in the washing machine when she arrived home. I was wondering what was the bulging thing when I was about to hang her laundry. Fortunately, when she went to the supermarket a fewvdays later to buy something, the card was still okay .
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@sunrisefan Yes sometimes such things can happen but better be avoided.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@sunrisefan Some jobs may be too tiring and busy and sometimes one can forget such things.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@sunrisefan Yes I can understand !
@anil02 (22832)
It is in working condition or not?
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@anil02 It was wrapped and covered in clothes so did not got much wet.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@anil02 Yes it is a big relief.
@arunima25 (54389)
• Bangalore, India
Glad you found it. We too have found our things at weird and unexpected places. I always check for laundry load for missing stuff.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
18h
@arunima25 Yes and sometimes one finds coins and clips etc as well there.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
9h
@arunima25 Oh a good currency loss!! At least with coins, even if they get washed in machine or something, they survive. I am a bit particular and when I come back, I take time to set the money in proper place. At times, my wife says whey you are so slow and I retort that I prefer this slowness to carelessness in keeping money. The tougher task at times is to check and dispose those ATM plus in shop card transactions slips which get piled up at time.
I did say it would turn up eventually. I wouldn't have guessed the washing machine.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@JudyEv Yeah ! Not an expected place !
All is well what ends well, at least you found it.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@LadyDuck Yes - immense relief at that !
@CarolDM (117010)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Oh no, that could have been not so good.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@CarolDM Learnt a hard lesson. Keep chargers away from clothes as far as possible!!
@prinzcy (18094)
Oh wow! Can it still be used? I accidentally 'wash' a usb drive once. Quickly dry it to the best I could. Still can be used afterwards.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@prinzcy Thankfully it is still working. It was kind of wrapped in clothes so it was not so wet.
Wow, that wash and dry didn't ruin it? Glad you found it.
@ptrikha_2 (29391)
@AngelisaQT Well not something to be tried again or by others!