22 February - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I know it's been a few days since I posted this. I've been busy with Vendetta and that's what I'm most thankful for today. It's good to be back in writing mode. It's good to have the thoughts flowing and the book coming along well. I'm also binge-watching New Amsterdam. The season starts again next week and I just started the second season, so I need to catch up before it starts. It's amazing what you forget when you haven't seen it in a while. I'm also working on two puzzles. The one in the living room is coming along well. I'll have a picture of the completed puzzle soon. The one in the office is much slower and more challenging. Still, I'm finding a couple of pieces on it per day too. That's been my day. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me. Recent snow pictures. It snowed last night.
Sounds like you have been busy doing happy things! I'm thankful to have had a Facetime call from our younger son a little while ago. He's so happy we are enjoying his place in Vermont, and we are happy to have had some huge laughs with him. Can't wait to see him!!!!
That's great you could facetime. I hope you see him soon. I'm glad you're having fun skiing.
@just4him Thanks! All good. Should be home on Thursday or Friday.
@DianneN Sounds great!
I am thankful that the rain has stopped and it should start getting warmer soon.
That's good you're getting warmer. Warm here too. My snow is melting. 40 today.
@CarolDM (118732)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Good to see you. I know you are working hard on your book. And your puzzles. Thankful for the sunshine.
I'm glad you have sunshine. Yes, the book is coming along well. So is the puzzle in the living room.
@xander6464 (19033)
• Wapello, Iowa
Have you hit your 6 inches yet? I think that's how much you were still short the last time you mentioned it.
Our big snow we got 6.7 inches. The last snow we might have gotten an inch. It wasn't enough for them to plow the parking lot. Today it's melting.
@xander6464 (19033)
• Wapello, Iowa
@just4him We're having a lot of melting here, too. You can see spots of the lawn now.
@xander6464 I'm sure once the sun comes up, I'll see grass too.
@kaylachan (13941)
Thought I'd been missing your thankfulness posts. I know I don't always catch them. Glad to know I'm not losing my mind. I'm thankful that the rain held out while I was out. I was thankful to get out a little sooner, and take advantage of the spring-like weather. I am thankful, despite the winter the rest of the country has had, we've been spared. I am thankful I finally have a clean dish-free sink.
I'm glad things are going well and you have spring-like weather. Winter hasn't been the best here, but at least we have it.
@kaylachan (13941)
@just4him I know some states are having a harder time than others.
@kaylachan Yes, they are.
@LowRiderX (23778)
• Serbia
@just4him I understand, everyone has obligations and in real life, welcome back.Oh you had snow, we don't even have rain here
Thank you. Yes, I'm not spending a lot of time here right now. Unfortunately, our snow is melting. It's gotten very warm.
@LowRiderX (23778)
• Serbia
@just4him And here it is abnormally warm for this time of year. You are welcome!
@LowRiderX Abnormally warm here too. The snow is melting.
@kobesbuddy (119501)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I think we got about three inches last night, it was unexpected. Hopefully, I'll be back in the writing mode before too long. I love doing puzzles, but we didn't do one this winter.
I like unexpected snow. It's good you're getting back into the writing mode. I'm having fun working on the puzzles.
@kobesbuddy (119501)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I haven't written all winter, which I regret. My Textbroker account is just sitting there. with nothing happening.
@kobesbuddy I joined Textbroker several years ago but couldn't find anything to write. I prefer working on my books to that anyway.
Beautiful pic - it is still very much winter there ! Your writing and day seem to be flowing well today . I am thankful it has been a relatively easy day today - chores are mostly done for now anyway.
Spring is creeping in. Our temps got warm yesterday. Lots of snowmelt. I'm so happy my writing is going well. Thank you. I'm glad you had an easy day.
@just4him Maybe with everything warming up, so is "life" - things are flowing better!
@much2say Could be.
@wolfgirl569 (37145)
• Marion, Ohio
I am thankful our white crap is melting. I can actually see one bare spot in the driveway.
I'm glad it's melting.
@Chellezhere (2370)
A view from my back window, taken with my iPhone
It's been snowing since yesterday here in the Finger Lakes region of New York.
You need to get a cat they like to slide on puzzles.
@Dena91 (11365)
@jstory07 Nice suggestion. I'm allergic to cats.
@Dena91 (11365)
I am glad you are getting work done on Vendetta. And you got some more snow. I'm thankful for the 10 years we had with Buttons, though I wished it were more. I'm glad she went peacefully with Mike and I by her.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are family and missed. Thank you. I'm glad it's going so well. I love the snow.
• Midland, Michigan
What type of show is new amsterdam? I've not watched anything new since I watched different netflix shows last year. Glad the book and puzzles are coming along. I like puzzles to but been working mostly online with them lately.
New Amsterdam is a hospital show on NBC. The third season starts next week. It's very good. I'm re-watching it and catching up on Peacock.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him is peacock a channel?
@MarshaMusselman Yes. It's free. You can download it to your TV. I have Roku and downloaded it there.
I have been busy re-arranging my kitchen cabinets after a major cleaning. I am glad how things look now, a lot better.
I'm glad you like the rearrangement of your kitchen cabinets.
@just4him I moved out the big bread machine that I never uses, same for the microwave.
@LadyDuck I'm sure that freed up a lot of space.
@thelme55 (64470)
What kind of movie is New Amsterdam? As always you are busy but it’s okay. I am thankful that the weather is good again today.
It's not a movie. It's a series based on a hospital. I'm glad your weather is good.
@thelme55 (64470)
@just4him I see. Thanks for the info.
@thelme55 You're welcome.
• Rupert, Idaho
Glad it is going well with the writing, and you are enjoying the show and puzzles. I want to get into writing again....I had started a couple different books, but didn't get very far.
You really need to be in the mood to write. Thank you.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him I never seem to have the time to be in the mood to write! No problem...
@moonandstars (46928)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i liked that series but, as many medical ones, it was dramatic. i was thankful for a good day.
Yes, it is dramatic. That's what I like about it.
I don't do physical jigsaws anymore. I do them online.
I do them online too.
@Elizaby (6716)
• Pensacola, Florida
I am thankful we are finally getting some sunny days after a week of cold rainy, foggy weather. In fact I am fixing to walk outside and enjoy the sunshine and comfortable temps while enjoy all the beauty of the handiwork of Gods creation,
I'm glad the weather got nice enough for a nice walk.
@JESSY3236 (13955)
pretty pictures. I'm thankful that I got to do some diamond painting yesterday. I also got some work done too. I'm thankful today that it's sunny so I can go out to get the mail and my birthday card.
I'm glad you got work done on your painting. Happy Birthday.