Do You Get Shocked?

Rupert, Idaho
April 2, 2021 12:52pm CST
I don't mean surprised by things....I mean literally shocked (static electricity)? I have been having that happen a lot lately...and by that I mean multiple times a day. I am almost afraid to touch anything anymore because I don't want to get shocked. I read that it is not harmful thankfully....but it can be painful. What do you think?
11 people like this
9 responses
@just4him (267720)
• Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 Apr 21
It's due to the dryness in the air. I've been getting shocked this past week.
3 people like this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
Well my husband and son don't have the problem! Sorry you have had that issue.
3 people like this
@just4him (267720)
• Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 Apr 21
@MommyOfEli2013 It doesn't bother me.
2 people like this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
@just4him That's good it doesn't, to me it hurts so it is a bother.
2 people like this
@kaylachan (39614)
• Daytona Beach, Florida
2 Apr 21
Sometimes when I go shopping. My wheels are plastic, but my tires are rubber. Sometimes, when I go over carpet or something, I'll get shocked when I try to touch a shopping cart, bathroom door or even kiss my husband.
2 people like this
@kaylachan (39614)
• Daytona Beach, Florida
2 Apr 21
@MommyOfEli2013 I never thought, until the first time it happened, that rubber tires from a wheelchair would act as one, too. And, yes. It is. Worse still when I have to streach to reach my husband.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
@kaylachan I didn't know rubber in general would act as one...but good to know. Oh yeah, sorry to hear that! I read that it is dry air that causes it too. Also dry skin
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
I hear that walking in socks across carpet is a good conductor, But getting shocked in a kiss sounds painful!
1 person likes this
@setsuna26 (2755)
• Philippines
2 Apr 21
Personally I experienced the exact thing as well every now and then. Good to know from you that it is not that harmful at all. Maybe its just our body's reaction to whatever it is that we suddenly touched or something like that . Thanks for sharing an interesting topic
2 people like this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
I was concerned with it happening to me so much....but I read it isn't supposed to be harmful. If you walk around in socks I think just that can even cause it.
1 person likes this
@wolfgirl569 (64917)
• Marion, Ohio
3 Apr 21
My truck has been biting me all winter.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
3 Apr 21
Biting you? Never been shocked by a vehicle thankfully
1 person likes this
@wolfgirl569 (64917)
• Marion, Ohio
3 Apr 21
@MommyOfEli2013 It seems to get me after I open the door to get out mostly. I will grab the edge of the door to shut it and get zapped.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
4 Apr 21
@wolfgirl569 That is very different, that it would be the truck door getting you!
1 person likes this
@Chellezhere (4589)
• United States
2 Apr 21
Here and there, yes. I moved into this apartment two weeks ago. It's the first time I've had all carpeted floors in about a decade You should see all the static electricity in my (very) long hair when I brush it.
1 person likes this
• United States
2 Apr 21
@MommyOfEli2013 I had forgotten all about that until the first time I brushed my hair here.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
@Chellezhere It is such a strange thing, for sure!
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
Oh yeah, walking on carpet with socks is a good conductor I have heard. I understand, i've dealt with the hair thing too
1 person likes this
@porwest (60341)
• United States
4 Apr 21
I used to get that all the time during the winter when I lived in Wisconsin. It still happens from time to time now that I am in southern Illinois, but much less. Just more humidity here. And that's the key. Your air is too dry. Have you thought about getting a humidifier? It will help your winters to be less shocking.
1 person likes this
@porwest (60341)
• United States
5 Apr 21
@MommyOfEli2013 Try it. It might not cure it 100%, but it could certainly help.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
6 Apr 21
@porwest If I feel like dragging it out sometime haha. May wait til next winter. I don't think I have got shocked since I shared this LMAO
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
5 Apr 21
I never knew, before posting this that it was due to dry air. it's been a bit warmer here over the weekend and I have gone a few days without getting shocked. We have a humidifier just haven't used it in forever.
1 person likes this
@Shavkat (130045)
• Philippines
3 Apr 21
I don't like it if it happens to me.
1 person likes this
@Shavkat (130045)
• Philippines
4 Apr 21
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
4 Apr 21
Same here.
1 person likes this
@LindaOHio (108954)
• United States
3 Apr 21
The air is so dry with the heat on. We get shocked all the time. I also can get nose bleeds from the dryness.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
4 Apr 21
I never had thought of that. Sorry to hear that...and the nosebleeds. I don't have an issue with that thankfully
1 person likes this
@CarolDM (198224)
• United States
2 Apr 21
Seems to happen more when the air is dry, and often to only certain people.
1 person likes this
@CarolDM (198224)
• United States
2 Apr 21
@MommyOfEli2013 Could be.
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
3 Apr 21
@CarolDM Just know it's been painful
1 person likes this
• Rupert, Idaho
2 Apr 21
That is what I have read, about the air. Maybe to people who are more dehydrated? Not sure!
1 person likes this