Scammer: 'Too Good To Be True'

By Rufo
I was browsing my Facebook this morning and stumbled upon this kind of investing a certain amount of money using the coins.ph app, which seems so suspicious. According to this person, she is an investor in binary option trade. Whatever she calls it. Then, she sent me this photo. I stopped communicating with her when she said that I can earn income after 3 days once registered with a minimum amount of money. Is this really legit? Have you ever encountered this kind of trading?
@rakski (87513)
there many like that.
I really cannot understand why these people are so bad. I cannot blame them because this is the effect of being in a pandemic.
@rakski (87513)
@Shavkat even before pandemic, I think what they need there is a downline who will also register and buy so they will get some referral
@rakski I cannot deal with this kind of scheme. Having a downline system is not that successful in returning investment.
@May2k8 (15326)
not only on Facebook but also via SMS.
I agree. I usually received SMS that is related to online banking.
@May2k8 (15326)
@Shavkat Anyway, just ignore it if there is a message like that.
@May2k8 I agree.
@YrNemo (18855)
I don't have a lot of money to lose it that way (or any way) .
The rule of thumb is not to invest money online for me. It is what I had learned being a worker online.
@YrNemo (18855)
@msdivkar (21572)
Good that you stopped communicating with the person. Never invest in something you don't know about. There are more chances of loosing the money than gaining on such platforms.
I never dared to spend money with particular platforms online. In the first place, I am not that equipped to use BTC and the like.
@msdivkar (21572)
@Shavkat Good to know that. Some people gets carried away by big promises and loose big amounts in the process.
@msdivkar I agree. I felt bad for them. Honestly, I was a victim before, too.
There is such a thing as investing in binary options. Haven't tried it so no idea if one can earn that much. One thing to note though, if someone has that much money in their coinsph account, most likely that coinsph account will be investigated.
I agree. Why need to use this app. According to her, a dashboard can see the income every after 3 days. This is a big lie because trading is not that consistent.
@Shavkat I have a coinsph account that I use to buy and hodl cryptocurrency. I've gotten into two different platforms that pay in cryptocurrency, one in BTC and the other in BCH so the coinsph account has been very handy.
@allen0187 I do have this account but never had experienced having transactions. Before, I was trying to have an adventure in gaining BTC and the like. But, it was not a successful one.
@oahuwriter (21312)
No such thing, don't believe it. I've been getting a call from, Olivia, saying I've won Walmart's gift card. Well, I do enter via Walmart survey, to win as big as that much, so I went to Walmart's twitter help to check it out. They warned me, it's a scam!
@oahuwriter (21312)
@Shavkat Try clearing out your history, for all time. I do that every other day or at least once a week. This way all erased.
@oahuwriter Most of the time, they send it through my email or SMS.
@oahuwriter (21312)
@Shavkat Email ignore...sms too ignore. This way it looks like, no one is receiving it, so hoping they'll disappear.
@DaddyEvil (37325)
It's a scam. Notice that you have to make an investment and register.
I agree. I cannot even see the owner's name on this account.
@DaddyEvil (37325)
@Shavkat *sigh* That email was from me. I hoped you would go ahead and send me your money and register so I could keep sending you more scam emails.
@DaddyEvil Not any chance.
@ladyhero (1584)
I've been offered something like that, it seems you have to be vigilant
I was so skeptical when seeing this photo. For me, it is a red flag.
@ladyhero (1584)
@Shavkat you should not be easy to believe, it could be edited
@ladyhero It is indeed. One thing for sure, the owner's account cannot be see seen.
I haven't, but I wouldn't consider investing unless I knew it was 100 percent legit.
I agree. If I can only talk to her up close. I might change my mind and invest right away if it is legit.
@ZedSmart (17138)
Sounds good but I'm suspicious too about it.
With this amount of money, It is so suspicious.
@youfiq (1437)
I thought it was a scam
I think it is a scam
@louievill (27846)
That is possible with trading but you will be taking a big risk. Why not ask the person how long he or she was able to accumulate that much and show you a screen shot of payment history in coinsph. It's possible that she has that much from coins she hoarded and with the price of btc right now and not all of it from whatever trading app, she could be using it as a lure
It seems that I need to be in contact with a person up close than online. Given that it is possible, but it is best to see for myself how it works personally. The photo given cannot see her name.
@Janet357 (70719)
and what's the minimum amount?
The minimum amount of money Php 6,200 ($127.62).
@crossbones27 (36765)
• Redlands, California
There is some like that on reddit with that wall street bets and they spend ridiculous amounts like 40,000 dollars and then a few days later will say its now 250,000 I made. The catch is you will see others go I just lost everything I had These are professionals and if ask me I hate seeing that crap on Reddit. I just skip past it. They do not really teach you anything and they just preach how they are the real true investors on your side and you should follow them but its all the freaking same. They rig the system so they can get rich while screwing most people out of everything they ever had. The more everyone buys into it ,the more they make. They say things like keep buying when you should have sold a while ago. Then they go you should have paid attention. It to me is all gambling, might as well go to Las Vegas and hit the roulette table.
That is what I am scared of. Since I am not good at this trading thing. I might lose a big amount of money. I prefer to learn it first before indulging myself in this venture.
@cherigucchi (10915)
First time I heard of it. I have doubts.
When I was checking her name on Fb, It is not a real one. A big doubt when she said the mechanics of this idea.
@cherigucchi (10915)
@Shavkat We should always keep a keen eye on things like this.
@cherigucchi I agree. We need to be more vigilant especially now
@popciclecold (18444)
No, I always heard if you have to pay money up front it's a scam.
I agree. I learned this concern through the years of working online.
@Shavkat They try anything.
@edisondanila (42683)
Nope and I doubt anout it.
It is indeed not a convincing way to deceive me.
@Shavkat Ok my friend.
I have never encountered such a thing
I am sure you would not like to see it. There are a lot of them on Facebook.
I never trust things that seem too good to be true, I remember when I lived in Latvia a scammer was hitting everyone on the PC saying that if we let him into our PCs to have access we could make money even while we were asleep, I always thought yes, let him into your PC and the next day all your work and information will have been stolen, Scary stuff and you always have to be careful
@LeaPea2417 (30797)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a total scam.