Yesterday was quite difficult....

Perth, Australia
Hey everyone. I hope you're all doing well. I have been busy with my course. It's getting so close to the end. Apologises for any late replies to comments and my previous posts. Will get to them as soon as I can. I will be doing a post or two a bit after this one just to get them out the way and then work on some things for Prac. On Tuesday we did a First Aid course. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. We all had turns practising CPR on those dummies and looking at ways to bandage people up for various reasons. I will be keeping all my notes and handouts from that as they are beneficial to keep. But yesterday was very hard. The First Aid course continued but it was all written work whereas the day before was all reading and hands on. Yesterday was my mum's anniversary. Normally I would have been asleep all day until all of the 7th was completely over but I had class. I was very quiet throughout the whole day. I nearly broke a handful of times in class as some keywords and stories were triggering. Especially when the conversation was about aneurysms. That is how my mum died. I looked down at my paperwork and started to cry and almost thought about just going to the bathroom to let it out but I sat there and continued my work. I don't do well at all on that day. Especially later in the night. There's certain times in the night when the 7th April 2007 will play over in my head. Like this time was when I was sitting here, doing this, and received the phone call etc. Just hard as I'm sure many others here know the feeling from losing a loved one. Like I said, I will post another post or two here then do Prac work but probably still be around here and there to catch up on other things. Have you ever done a First Aid course or anything you wish to share about First Aid? Thank you kindly for reading.
@DocAndersen (37600)
i was CPR certified for a long time.
• Perth, Australia
9h
@DocAndersen That is awesome!
@DocAndersen (37600)
9h
@VivaLaDani13 the hospital required it when the twins were born. They were premature and it was one of th precautions they required us to take!
• Perth, Australia
8h
@DocAndersen aw ok that makes sense! Thank you for sharing that. How old are your twins now?
I am so sorry Dani. Yes, I know the feeling from losing a loved one, it is terrible and the anniversary is a bad day and memories come back to your mind. You are with friends here, we are there for you.
• Perth, Australia
9h
@LadyDuck Thank you very much. That is very true. And thank you again for everything you said. That means a lot!
9h
@VivaLaDani13 You are so sweet Danielle, I would love so much to know that you are happy.
• Perth, Australia
8h
@LadyDuck ok that made me tear up. I know you genuinely mean it and I appreciate you so much. I only wish the best for you and I know you wish the same back. You're a gem!
@Torunn (7541)
• Norway
I did a First Aid course for work. The "patient" survived (one of those dummies), but I was so clumsy the teacher said "Well, someone got to make the call" so if something happens, I'll be ready with my phone ;-) Hope you're feeling better now, I think it's good you worked your way through the day despite being sad.
• Perth, Australia
9h
@Torunn Well that is true! Making the call is also a very important part of saving someone's life! Thank you very kindly for your nice words! How have you been?
@Torunn (7541)
• Norway
53m
@VivaLaDani13 Well, swearing a lot at the government ;-) Apart from that, life's OK, thanks :-) Really horribe weather for Easter but it's getting better now. Not 1C and snow and wind anymore. And I've been wondering quite a lot about what people who live in countries with stable weather talk about. Here we never run out of things to talk about, since we have 3 seasons in one day.
Sorry that you had a bad day on the 7th, those dates are hard to forget . I hope that you feel better this morning (8th)
• Perth, Australia
9h
@marlina Thank you kindly.
9h
@CarolDM (125870)
Sorry about your day. These anniversary dates are difficult. Thoughts are with you my friend.
• Perth, Australia
9h
@CarolDM Thank you very much.
@CarolDM (125870)
5h
@moffittjc (95775)
• Gainesville, Florida
Love you Dani! You are always in my thoughts at this time of year. As always, wish I could reach out and hug you and hold you close to me. I am considered a First Responder, through my work on our state's urban search and recovery team, and through my certification as a Lifeguard Instructor Trainer. I teach numerous first aid, CPR and AED classes throughout the year.
• Perth, Australia
9h
@moffittjc aw thank you very much you sweet thing you! That is awesome! Well done you! It's worth learning these skills as you never know when it could all come in handy!