Environment

I think we should not use vehicles all 7 days in a week, according to me there should be no vehicle day also like we can do this on saturday and sunday . It should be like you can use vehicles 5 days and 2 days no pollutant emitting vehicles allowed and in those 2 days you can either use bicycle or go by walk. Isn't this would be a good step towards decreasing pollution and protect environment. Tell me yours views?
@eileenleyva (26583)
That's a very good idea. Very laudable. Will try spreading your brainchild.
Thank you so much.
@eileenleyva (26583)
@sjvg1976 (29128)
Yes it will be a great step for the environment as it will reduce the pollution. But practically it is not possible as it will create problems for the people where there is a problem of the public transportation or for those who have to tavel a long distance daily. I remember how much problem we faced when odd-even rule was implemented in Delhi few years back.
Yes i know about the odd even rule in delhi but i just want that people should try to implement something like this on their own.
@ladyhero (3979)
Your idea is quite interesting, some people have already done it and we sometimes use public transportation to travel
First of all thanks and yaa this will definately prove to be a great step ahead .
@Fa_Maverick (7044)
Good in theory not really in practice. Where possible taking public transport or carpooling would be a good idea but there is always going to be work that requires a vehicle... I guess if electric/ solar powered cars were more popular that would be better
yes electrical vehicles would definately be useful but for them their should be proper charging stations available, all that infrastructure needed to be developed and this will take time but till then we can do this small effort .
@amrita123 How would it be enforced though?
@Fa_Maverick By making a team who will make people aware of this and by telling them its positive points in favour of environment and health and nobody is forced to do so but i think people also wants to live in a healthy environment and if this small effort can do some change then why not.
I think you can suggest this to your local government. Welcome to myLot.
Actually i want this thing to be done to every pollution prone city.
@amrita123 I can agree more and it is a good idea.
@Shavkat Thanks
@myklj999 (61454)
• Olney, Illinois
My opinion? Not a really good idea. People working Mon through Friday usually need to do things on the weekend that they cannot do on days they work that require a vehicle.
So they can either use public transport or bicycle and for nearby distance they can go by walk also and one plus point is also there i.e. health , people who don't get enough time to workout or anyother related activities this initiative will create wonders for them too and this will be done automatically by riding a bicycle or by walk and simultaneously the work would also be done like two in one. Don't you think so?
@myklj999 (61454)
• Olney, Illinois
@amrita123 No, I don't think when you are going to the lumberyard to get long lengths of 2x4 boards etc that you can use a bus or a bicycle. Nice idea, but entirely unfeasible.
@myklj999 I think public transport is good enough to take you over long routes but considering your point atleast we can do this for one day because this will definately bring a huge change.
@porwest (47214)
This is entirely impractical. How would people get to work, get to a store, to a hospital, how would police respond to a crime?
only during weekend and i totally agree about yur concern but atleast those who can do this should take this step further
@porwest (47214)
@amrita123 Tens of millions of people in the United States work weekends.
@prinzcy (33007)
I live really far from town. Bicycle is not ideal.
OK
• Kampala, Uganda
Try your suggestions and be taken to the government or parliament and you see whether they will understand you and pass it
Sure
Can we use a horse? Not sure that is decreasing pollution though.
It's quite funny watching people on horses but yes a NO VEHICLE DAY should by there.
@moonandstars (54745)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
well, i partially agree.