I'm Not Taking Them

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I made brownies yesterday for the potluck today. However, I baked them too long. I cut them this morning in preparation for taking them to church and it was hard to get the knife through them. I'm not going to subject my friends to my bad baking experience. I'm a good cook and baker. They would never believe it if I took those brownies. So, I'll dip them in a glass of almond milk and eat them that way. I can feel those pounds adding on. Otherwise, they do taste good. Are you a good cook and baker that sometimes has a bad experience? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
@msdivkar (22095)
Your brownie does not look that burnt. They taste better with vanilla ice cream.
I'm sure it would taste better that way. It's not that burnt, but it was hard to cut,
@msdivkar (22095)
@just4him I understand.
Yes this always happen with me. Especially when some Guests are expected to come, I ruin everything :(
I'm sorry this happens to you a lot.
@m_audrey6788 (42337)
I have experienced it sometimes and eat it on my own too or have no choice but throw it away if it is really bad that I can`t take it too in my own taste. That`s why when I will experiment something I make sure to make little of it. Your brownies looks good even though it is hard to cut You don`t want to share it with your neighbors?
No, I'll save them from having hard to chew brownies. I'll dunk them in almond milk. They'll be good that way.
@just4him Oh ok.
Wow! I love brownies
They're good, even if they are a bit overdone.
@Janet357 (72418)
Miss Val, I think am a bad baker as I have not experienced it yet. But you are a talented woman for knowing a lot: you write, you cook, excercise and more.
Thank you. Yes, there's a lot I can do.
@myklj999 (57090)
• Olney, Illinois
I consider myself a not-too-bad cook about 95% of the time but yes, occasionally something flops.
I'm glad it's not often when something flops.
Oh darn. But yah, sometimes these things happen - even if we are good cooks and bakers. I've mismanaged the time and forgot there was something in the oven . . . that makes things extra crispy and even black sometimes .
Yes, it does. If you scrape the black off, you can find the rest is edible. I'll dunk them in almond milk. That will soften them up and make them edible.
@just4him I know I've burned brownies before, but I couldn't tell which were the black parts . I know my daughter would have brownies in any shape or form - she'd say who cares if they are burnt . I am an almond milk drinker too .
@much2say That's good she likes them no matter how they turn out. Good to know you like almond milk.
@porwest (43862)
Sorry to hear these did not turn out. It happens, even when you are quite well versed in what you are doing. At least you can still eat the mistake...albeit not without SOME back end consequence...ahem... See what I did there?
I did see what you did there. Yes, there will be consequences, but at least I'll be exercising every day to compensate for the extra pounds and hopefully keep them to a minimum.
@porwest (43862)
@just4him Then bon appetit.
My brownies always come out good. We will not talk about anything else.
It's good you can say that about the brownies. I'm sure your other food is good too. I've seen your pictures and they look delicious.
@sjvg1976 (20034)
I am not a good cook or a baker.
You know what you can and can't do.
@wolfgirl569 (40499)
• Marion, Ohio
It happens. At least you can enjoy them. Just do a few extra laps at the pool each day this week
I'll need to do that and add a little extra time in the fitness center too.
@Nevena83 (61966)
• Serbia
It happens to everyone. I don't like to cook, but I think I'm pretty good at preparing food, especially sweets, but something happens to burn me.
I'm sorry you get burned when you bake.
@Nevena83 (61966)
• Serbia
@just4him I prefer my cake to burn than my hand, but it happens more often that I burn my hand.
@Nevena83 You need a new good pair of oven mitts so you don't burn yourself.
@Fleura (15145)
You could use them to make some kind of chocolate trifle : ) I just made a mincemeat cake today, which is super quick and easy. However it uses half a jar of mincemeat and I had previously used the first half of the jar a while ago, so this half had been in the fridge for some weeks. I think it had started to ferment a little bit. The cake turned out OK, but I wasn't quite comfortable enough about it to offer it to any visitors!
I put them in the freezer individually wrapped. They're not bad once they thaw. I didn't think about trifle. I'm sure it had an interesting taste. I think I've had mincemeat once. It was good.
@Fleura (15145)
@just4him I thought it tasted a little bit odd when it was still warm, but once it had cooled it was fine.
@Fleura I'm glad it was fine when cooled.
@thelme55 (68509)
Your brownies look good. Sometimes I experienced that when baking.
Thank you. Yes, they're good. I put them in the freezer and eat one at a time. I still have almost a full pan of them left in the freezer. Good to know I'm not alone.
• Israel
@just4him That does not mean that you are a bad baker because the brownies did not turn out. I am sure many times they turned out good. Mistakes happen. I am not great at cooking for baking but have had things turn out good or have not turned out good.
You're right. I'm an excellent baker and cook. I put them in the freezer and eat one at a time. Out of sight, out of mind, they should last a long time. They're still good, even if they are a bit hard on the edges. It's good your food turns out well.
• Israel
@just4him My food does not always turn out good but it is fine for me. I buy things and they do last a long time too. Now, not sure of our situation so not sure about buying things. I can buy things we can take with us but waiting a little bit to see. I am glad you are an excellent baker and cook. Things happen where something you normally make that turns out fine most of the time has that one time it does not work out. That happens.
@Hannihar As long as you like what you make, that's all that matters.
@moonandstars (48920)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that's a nice trick. i'm not good with cakes. i'm very average cook but, when i'm hungry, i eat it all.
It's good you eat it all, even when it doesn't turn out the best.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him the other, my rice burned a bit but, i ate it. if it's edible, i have no problem.
@moonandstars That's good it was edible.
@Lovelyaru (757)
Mine favorite it's looks yumm ??
Thank you. It's good, a bit hard on the edges.
@just4him but it look perfect
@Lovelyaru Thank you. They're good, but not something I would take to a potluck with the way they turned out.
@oahuwriter (22206)
Heavens yes unfortunately. I recently was making my apple cobbler. Had stove a bit too high, and apple pieces got a bit over singed. It happens to the best of us.
Yes, it does. I'm sure you could still eat it.
@oahuwriter (22206)
@just4him I did eat them.
@prinzcy (24211)
For me, it's more towards adding too much of something. Once I added too much soda bicarbonate. The cake tasted like paracetamol.
I'm sorry it didn't taste right when you added too much baking soda.
I'm medium for baker and meh for cook.
As long as it's edible.