Throwing it all out

I keep thinking about my book shelf. The only ones left on there are books that I definitely want to re-read time and time again. However, I keep thinking, 'but why not write them on a list and then sell the physical copies? I read more on my kindle anyway. I'm really getting into this minimalism I guess. Well, if you consider that i was thinking of buying crochet pattern books to replace that space on the shelf. There are some more scrapbooking things I found of my mother's. I am not certain the thrift store will take them, but I was going to try all the same. Someone come save me from facebook marketplace. I can't tell you the number of vintage yarn I've seen lately and at great prices. $60 for 67 skeins, most of them appearing to be full to nearly full.
@cherigucchi (11968)
I gave away most of my books and only retain the ones that my daughters like to read. Our shelves are now full with the kids' books,
I gave over 100 away already, but kept some. I'd rather see other things in that space.
@cherigucchi (11968)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I understand cause I did the same
@kobesbuddy (123965)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We have minimalized and kept mostly things we use. I have books that I'd never part with, I love regular books. Kindle, I have never owned one because of a warning about screens damaging the eyesight.
Every screen could do that, but of course Kindle says their screens are more like a normal book. I do try to limit my screen time no matter what I am using.
@CarolDM (130881)
I am slowly getting rid of things as well.
It is liberating, isn't it? Even as it can be very difficult.
@CarolDM (130881)
@CarolDM I kept many things that were my brother's and mother's for too long. Now I have (with the exception of one container I can't get to) everything that I want to keep / that means a lot to me. I am tempted to see if my sister still has the dolls that were my mothers. If she does, they are likely at her ex-husband's house and I would contact him to get them back.
I am glad that I kept my books. Time by time I like to read those I have not read from many years and I discover little treasures.
That is my favorite part about re-reading, is discovering something new. I do not have a lot of space and would rather use what I have for pattern books.
@ScribbledAdNauseum The first time you read a book you are only focused on the plot, when you re-read you notice the details.
@LadyDuck Very true. Sometimes I feel I miss parts because they just seem so new to me.
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
If you can sell books you don’t want, then that’s good.
I will not get a lot of money for them, but a little is better than none.
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes, I think it will mean any money to you.
@Nevena83 Yes, which will be good for me.
@JESSY3236 (14274)
lol I found some more diamond paintings on Amazon. I probably will do a Ferrari one for Chris. I saw another craft I might be get into on a crafting network.
What's the craft? At the moment it's just crochet for me. I have some wood stuffs but haven't painted or built anything.
@JESSY3236 (14274)
@ScribbledAdNauseum On the craft network, It's called Santangle, but on Amazon it's called ZenTangle. It's a doodle craft.
@JESSY3236 Oh okay, I've heard of Zentangle. It looks like it would be a lot of fun and very peaceful too.
@LindaOHio (64425)
No, no, no. You don't need nor have room for 67 skeins of yarn, as tempting as that might be! :-)
But what about 14 more? I bought more at the store today, but at least it isn't the 67!
@LindaOHio (64425)
@ScribbledAdNauseum You are so naughty. I know you will use it all though. :-)
@LindaOHio Oh, I already am.
Stay off marketplace!! Lol!
It's so difficult! This weekend friends and I are going to go antiquing, so I am going to wait until then and hope I find vintage yarn somewhere.
@ScribbledAdNauseum that sounds fun! Hope you enjoy the time out with them and find what you want.
@Courtlynn Thanks! Looking forward to it. I'll see two of them (well three, but one isn't going with) tonight.
@moonandstars (48686)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
if it gives you a good feeling, keep on selling them
That's the spirit I am trying to maintain.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ScribbledAdNauseum you're on a good path, my young padawan
@moonandstars Thank You.
• Nairobi, Kenya
You sell the physical copies. You will make good money
I will make a little money. The thrift store I sell them to does not always give me a lot of money for them, but they also give vouchers as part of the trade, and so it is worth it to me.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@ScribbledAdNauseum That's worth it. Keep it up
@RebeccasFarm (29407)
You go girl
Trying. It's so liberating. We really only need those things we use or admire on a daily basis. Things that bring us joy.
@thelme55 (68184)
I am giving away some of my books, too but to whom. It bleeds my heart to throw away my books in the bin container. I don't have friends who are fond of reading English novels.
Oh! I really hope you can find someone soon. I understand your reluctance of tossing them away. I feel the same way.
@Janet357 (72137)
would you please name 5 books you would like to re-read?
Can I name the author instead? Simone St James is what is mostly on my shelf. I also have an author by the name of Sarah Waters. She writes Post War Lesbian fiction. I like her stories because the women are always strong and independent.
@Dena91 (12862)
That is good you are becoming a minimalist.
Trying so hard to be. Things that I am happy to look at every day and will use.
@simplfred (19156)
I think as time goes by those who are interested in physical book are getting thinner...
I believe you are correct. I think there will come a day when even e-books are no more. People will listen to books instead.
@DaddyEvil (39065)
Did I give you the link for the free ebooks online? All my books got packed into plastic totes and moved to the garage now that I have all of them in ebook form. It's so much easier to carry my library around in my phone.
Nope, you didn't. I use kindle unlimited myself, and I have a library card. I've had Scribd and, was it Oyster I think? Oyster at one time.
@DaddyEvil (39065)
@ScribbledAdNauseum b-ok.cc You can get 5 books a day free without doing anything. If you give them your email addy you can get 10 ebooks a day for free. You can donate money, I don't know how much, to receive unlimited downloads a day for free. I have a Kindle Fire and use the Kindle app on my phone. I have a library card but haven't used it in about two years. I have accounts with other online sites but haven't bothered to use any of them since I found that site.
@DaddyEvil Oh! Thanks! The only one I knew about was Freeebooks.net (I think it's .net) and of course i just look through the free categories on amazon. I'll check that site out soon. I have the kindle fire too, but the first chance I get, I'll probably upgrade to the paperwhite.