I Have a Grandson, Too!

I know I’m always writing about my Ice Princess (my granddaughter), but I have a grandson, too. He’s her brother and just as sports minded, too. My older son has been spending long weekends with him in hotels and ice hockey arenas the last two weekends. This will continue until June. That’s one reason hubs and I flew to Chicago on Thursday. He was in a championship round as goalie and led his team to a 5-0 shutout! We were so happy to have been there and so proud of his skills. Why do my grandkids love such cold sports? I froze to death for each and every game including practices! Yes, I brought my down parka and mittens.
@Nevena83 (61813)
• Serbia
I'm sure you're proud of them.
I sure am!
Your grandchildren are very talented
They love what they do. Thanks!
@myklj999 (56892)
• Olney, Illinois
Well when did ya go get one of them? Did you get a good warranty with it?
11 years ago and hopefully, the warranty is good for a long and healthy life.
@myklj999 (56892)
• Olney, Illinois
@DianneN Usually from about 13 years on they get kind of particular, may run rough for a few years but it usually sorts itself out in the long run.
@myklj999 So true! I know from having 2 brothers and 2 sons.
• Israel
@DianneN I know you have mentioned him too and things he does. I bet you are so proud of him and I bet it meant a lot to him that you were there. I thought by now the weather would be better there but since you had to wear a parka I guess not.
Thanks so much, Hanni. The weather was warm and lovely, but I had to wear a parka inside the arena. The ice rink chills the air unbearably. Otherwise, we had a wonderful and exciting time together.
• Israel
@DianneN I think I understand. They have to keep it cold so the ice will not melt. Am I correct there? You are welcome. Glad you had a wonderful time. So had to be cut short for a Shiva call. They are always very hard.
@Hannihar You are right on all counts. We paid our respects to the family with a Shiva call. As you know, good trumps bad in our religion. The good must go on.
I don’t know much about hockey but I do know the goalie is an important part of the team. He must be talented.
I don’t know much about hockey either, but I know he’s crazy about being a goalie. He practices, goes to goalie camps, and has private lessons. He’s been interested since he was 2 years old. Thanks!
@DianneN My fifteen year old grandson is that way about baseball.
@wolfgirl569 (40165)
• Marion, Ohio
They watched Frozen one too many times. Congrats to him.
Thanks!
@Dena91 (12862)
It's wonderful you are able to cheer on your grand kids in their sports. Congratulations to him winning this weekend.
Thanks! It’s been so long since they have allowed anyone into the rinks besides the kids and coaches. Parents, too.
• Midland, Michigan
I'm still wearing my winter coat every few days or so. Cool that you were there for his game.
It can be chilly in the early morning. Thanks! It was fun.
You can be proud of both of them!
We grandparents can’t help ourselves!
Glad he won, made the trip worthwhile.
The trip certainly ended on a high note!
@CarolDM (130872)
Glad you enjoyed. You are blessed.
Thank you.
@LeaPea2417 (30884)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I always admire figure skaters and ice hockey players because they have such perfect balance unlike I do. When I was a kid, I really tried to ice skate and roller skate but I have no balance and could never stay on my feet.
I thought ice skating was easier as a kid, but still had my share of falls. I liked roller skating on my sidewalk better than on those slippery rinks. You will never catch me on either these days.
• Pamplona, Spain
They need your support and its a great way to show them that you are there.
Thanks. It’s not been possible during the pandemic.
• Pamplona, Spain
@DianneN But now you ca go anywhere then it seems good for you. Have a great weekend yay.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Still being cautious.
I believe that grandparents where put on earth to spoil there grand kids. I am so happy that you got to witness your grandsons hockey game. Its freezing cold yes but i know you would not change it the world you go because you love them and want too support them every step of the way.
Thanks! You are so right. So what if I get frostbite on my behind.
@DianneN a little frost bite is not the end of the world as they say it takes a village to raise children and you are part of the village and i know that you are proud to be there grandmother no matter whats sports they do or whatever they accomplish you will be there with bells on lol. Freezing cold and all you do what is necessary for the ones you love.
@DocAndersen (39483)
that is so awesome - (heated jackets change cold to warm!) they are both amazing!
Thanks! It was an exciting time to see him play after such a long time. Seeing his team win was the icing on the cake!
@DocAndersen (39483)
@DianneN i bet - grandma was beaming!
That's wonderful he took his team to a 5-0 shutout. Awesome! I love the picture. You're a proud grammy who would do anything for her grandchildren even if it meant bringing the parka and mittens.
Thanks! We were sooooo proud of that skinny kid!. Very exciting games! You got that right!
@DianneN I know you are. I'm glad it was an exciting game.
• Kenya
Ooh that's so sweet I wish to see my generation too grandparents are always good
Thanks!
• Kenya
@DianneN you are welcome
• Nairobi, Kenya
When they play, the body produces energy and so the feel warm. You froze because you didn't play
You’re so right! I even wear parkas when the kids come to Florida to ice skate.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@DianneN I think next time you should join them and play too. It is fun to play with children
@thelme55 (68184)
Yes, I know. I have thought at first before that he was a girl because of his long hair. He is a sporty handsome grandson
His hair has been cut drastically. 7” gone. He likes the Korean way of wearing his hair now. You must be more familiar with it than I am.
@thelme55 (68184)
@DianneN Oh, wow! I like that Korean way of hairstyle. Especially the long ones from historical Kdramas.
I know very well that you also have a grandson. You write more about the Ice Princess, but you also wrote about her brother too. They seem to love the cold.
Of course you know. You’re my twin! They don’t get their cold genes from me.
@DianneN They enjoy the cold, I freeze simply looking at the ice.