A dog that was stolen 3 years ago reunites with his family

Cherrie Terry and her dog Zion
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Cherrie Terry is very grateful that thanks to her determination of never giving up hope that she and her relatives would reunite with their dog Zion who was stolen from them three years when they were living in Miami Florida by a crook who at this day has not been heard or seen from. Maybe it is Divine Intervention that the Terry family found the location of Zion online where members of the Gulf Coast Humane Society informed the family who were looking to replace Zion as their new pet when they saw on the website a dog that was up for adoption who looked like Zion. Since Zion had been mircrochipped three years ago when Zion was adopted as a puppy, the Terry family found out that Zion had been adopted by a few families but returned to the shelter since he was not the right fit for them to have as their pet. Zion had been a resident of the animal shelter for 300 days before he came home to be with his first family recently. Happy days are here again for the Terry family who have reunited with their pet dog after three years apart.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Good reunion. Why was the dog microchipped?
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The owners of the dog wanted to make sure that Zion would be found by them in case he was kidnapped or ran away from home.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Deepizzaguy ooh okay. I now get it. I didn't knew animals could be inserted chip
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@mildredtabitha Neither did I since my relatives cannot afford the cost of micro chipping our cats.
@sjvg1976 (25840)
Glad to know that Zion reunited with the family. I know how it feels when the pet is lost.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I know how you feel about losing a pet.
@kaylachan (22956)
That's simply amazing. That was lucky too.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I agree with you.
@kobesbuddy (130094)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yikes, that's a beautiful love story, one that I really enjoyed reading! Zion looks very happy and healthy, too.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My pleasure to share this wonderful story.
@kobesbuddy (130094)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Deepizzaguy We all enjoy hearing about a happy ending:)
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@kobesbuddy I agree with you since most television and movies do not have happy endings.
• Israel
@Deepizzaguy I love the name of Zion. I am so so glad they were reunited with Zion. The chip must have helped in finding Zion. I hope Zion was not hurt. I am glad that he was reunited with the family that wanted him and sad that he had to returned to the shelter a lot. I am very happy for the Terry family that they have their dog back again and for Zion being reunited with is family that wanted him.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I think Zion lost one of his legs when he was born.
• Israel
@Deepizzaguy Poor thing. I am sure he was very happy to be with his family again. I just hope he is ok and I know they are so relieved that he is back with them again. Animals have good memories and remember those that truly love them.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Hannihar I have noticed that animals have wonderful memories as well.
Wow, 300 days is a long time for a dog in a shelter. That's great that they've all been reunited.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I agree with you.
This type of story makes me cry. I'm a dog lover and sometimes dogs are more fun to take care of than humans. Peace
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I know how you feel since it is my pleasure to share dog reunion stories.
@CarolDM (144535)
That is a great story. I lost a dog years ago.
@Deepizzaguy (51916)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
My pleasure to share a great reunion story.
@HazySue (38601)
• Inverness, Florida
I love to hear about pets returning home after a period of time. What a nice heartwarming story.
@LindaOHio (70776)
I'm so glad Zion has been reunited with his family. No dog should have to spend 300 days in a shelter.