Do you ever message dead people?

@LeaPea2417 (30880)
Toccoa, Georgia
Online, on Facebook, do you have people on your friends list that have died or committed suicide that still have their Facebook accounts? When their birthday comes around, do you send them messages telling them how much you will always miss them, knowing full well they will never answer? I recently messaged one friend of mine who committed suicide nearly five years ago letting him know how he is still remembered and missed very much.
At one point in my life, I had many "elderly" friends . . . and now they are no more. Many of them still do had/have their FB accounts up . . . I have posted messages like that to let them know I still think of them all the time.
@LeaPea2417 (30880)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, that is what is nice about Facebook. When a deceased person's account still exists, it is like a virtual memorial to them, so we their loved ones don't forget them
@LeaPea2417 It really is. Like the interaction/banters we have here, we can go back to their page and see some of the memories, as they were.
That would never occur to me to do. I have had a couple of relatives and also a friend pass away, and were on my FB. It usually just made me sad to see their pages. I had to unfriend one, because she kept popping up on the side of my page. i really do miss her though. She was a sweet person.
I have never done that. Facebook should let you delete those accounts.
@LeaPea2417 (30880)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I think those accounts are great memorials for the deceased.
@CarolDM (130225)
I talk to my son and other loved ones all the time but no messages. They don't have FB accounts.
I have never done it myself but I know that it's common.
@LindaOHio (64085)
No, I don't message anyone that has passed.
I have done so, but deleted my account in February. I still think of them fondly. Heartbreaking.