Part 2 - My eyes. Had eye test on Saturday....

Perth, Australia
Continuing on, though I am still feeling weirded out about the "big black ball of hair" hovering over me and all the "bugs" crawling on my ceiling, apparently, I now have answers as to what it all was. I had an eye test on Saturday. The last time I had a test was when I was a child. I got told then that my left eye was lazy and I was given glasses. I never wore them due to already being bullied in school. So it was quite a new experience to have my eyes tested. Jumped a few times as no one told me about the big bright flashes of lights that would happen when having my eyes captured or the air blowing out to test eye pressure. Anyway, long story short. And with much relief, I got told that my eyes are actually "perfect and healthy." Only, I have Astigma. Meaning, trouble seeing / reading long distances, blurry vision, eye strain and headaches. She said it wasn't serious but it requires me to have glasses which I will deal with when I get more money. But now I know why I have a lot of headaches especially behind left eye. I told her about the things I had seen (big hair ball thing and bugs) and she explained that as we age, our floaters can change colours. So I know what floaters are but I never knew of black ones before. But I still feel weird about them and that ball hovering over / near me. I hope it's all what she says they are. But anyway, glad I got that done because I had been putting that off for so long! I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious. Part 1:
Hey everyone. I hope you're all well and happy! [em]hugs[/em] I have sort of mentioned here and there that I often have headaches but it's mostly headaches...
@DocAndersen (42890)
That puff test is interesting. Wait until they decide to inject something in your eye. That is the worst experience I have ever had!
Oh no! Don't scare me now
@DocAndersen (42890)
@marlina sorry it is just scary. it actually doesn't hurt and you get used to it.
@DocAndersen , I have an appointment at the end of June and he mentioned that I MIGHT have injections eventually, now, I'm more nervous
@moonandstars (50289)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Well, maybe she's right, about those spirits of yours. Sorry for the bullying. I also didn't wear them much and, I still don't wear glasses; only when I literally can't see a thing. Also, new lenses or frame is really expensive and it's not fair that reading glasses can be found in supermarkets but for distance, you can't go cheap. ah... Anyways, good luck
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars Thank you for that! Bullies are just so awful especially when it's over something that is needed such as glasses. ah ok that answers me question on my previous post to you. I wondered if you had any glasses. Yeah, it's really annoying and unfair as you say when things we need are so expensive. Thank you so much!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@VivaLaDani13 it's always the same with them. they mock others for either their looks or their brain. they are pathetic, actually. i think i should buy a new ones. my curent ones, i sometimes don't put them in my box, designed for them and i almost crushed them one time in my pocket but, i don't want to change them or spend my money thank you, darling
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars You're right about that! I can understand that. Money money money! I hope that soon you can somehow get them without any worries.
A few years ago, I had 2 cataract surgeries and still have problems. I had something similar to what you described and they sent me to the ER and then to a opthamologist. I still have to see him at the end of June. My bad black things lasted more than 2 months.
• Perth, Australia
@marlina I am so sorry for everything going on with your eyes. I honestly wish you and your eyes the very best. And regarding IF you need injections, you will be just fine Marlina. I hope it won't come to that but I know you'll be alright!
@VivaLaDani13 , Thank you!
• Pamplona, Spain
So good that you are okay and hope you can get your glasses soon.
• Perth, Australia
@lovinangelsinstead21 Thank you so much.
• Pamplona, Spain
@VivaLaDani13 That´s okay get some really good quality ones too. There are some very flattering glasses out there.
• Perth, Australia
@lovinangelsinstead21 I will be spending a lot of time in the store til I find the perfect pair for me. I'm very picky.
@erictsuma (9028)
• Mombasa, Kenya
Hello my friend am glad you are fine. Where have you been
• Perth, Australia
@erictsuma Hey Eric, how are you? I have been around sort of. Sadly haven't been on as much as I'd like as I've been busy with my course but I am almost free from that! So sorry for my late reply!
@erictsuma (9028)
• Mombasa, Kenya
@VivaLaDani13 it's okay my friend I understand you. I will be happy to see you again. I wish you the bes in your course. Have a nice Weekend
• Perth, Australia
@erictsuma You're very sweet, thank you for understanding me. You will for sure see more of me around and I hope to see you too. Thank you so much! Wish you a nice weekend also!
Don't take your eyes lightly. It sounds like you need glasses. I'm sorry you were bullied in school. That shouldn't have happened. Don't put off getting them or making excuses about not affording them. You only get one set of eyes. Cherish them and take care of them.
• Perth, Australia
@just4him Unfortunately, I really cannot afford them right now. I doubt $50 will get me anything but once I have my next pay come through, I can for sure get them. Kinda exciting really. Sort of. Apologises for my late reply. I am nearing the end of my work for my course and can spend more time on here finally!
@VivaLaDani13 I wouldn't be able to see without glasses. I hope you can get them soon.
• Perth, Australia
@just4him I'm glad you have glasses to help you. And thank you very kindly.
@moffittjc (97111)
• Gainesville, Florida
I bet you are going to look pretty damn cute in your glasses!
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc aww thank you! Well I hope so!
@moffittjc (97111)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 I better be one of the first to see a picture of you in your glasses!
• Perth, Australia
18h
@moffittjc I will try hard to feel comfortable with that. lol Or might try to hide it from everyone for as long as I can.
@RebeccasFarm (33549)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh dear Dani ..now..that is something isnt it. Pls let me know how I can help you get glasses, I will gladly help you...msg me
• Perth, Australia
@RebeccasFarm Hey! I am so sorry for my very late reply as I've been busy with my work for my course but I am almost free and can finally be on here more often as I like! You are truly a gem, a diamond! Thank you so much but it's honestly all good. When I get my next pay I can spend a day going through the store looking at all the glasses. Going to be a challenge as I'm extremely picky. Thank you so much though, honestly, you've touched my heart as you always do with your kindness!
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@VivaLaDani13 Aw you know I will help of course Dani thanks lovely one.
• Perth, Australia
@ZedSmart (18641)
Thankfully it was not serious.
• Perth, Australia
@ZedSmart Thank you. I am too. I was worried something bad was going to be found.
@ZedSmart (18641)
@VivaLaDani13 That's an understandable reaction. I would feel the same.
I have had astigmatism all of my life. Glasses help. I have read both your discussions about your eyes and it really sounds like you are having a hard time focusing when you first wake up and so you see all these floaters and such. It sounds like a very thorough exam. I have to go twice a year due to diabetes. I am pretty sure you have said your dad has diabetes, have you been checked?
• Perth, Australia
@GardenGerty Thank you kindly for taking the time to read both of the discussions. Thankfully I haven't experienced those weird black floaters in quite some time now. I haven't had the proper test for diabetes but I've had quite a handful of testing my sugar levels whilst with doctors on various occasions and a few here and there that my dad did for me with his kit. All seems fine but a proper test is on my list of things to do.
@spiderdust (10707)
• San Jose, California
I had no idea that could happen either! I've been seeing floaters since I was a child, but they're the mostly transparent sort. Your experience must have been horrifying!
• Perth, Australia
@spiderdust I have always been seeing the transparent ones too since I was little. But yeah these blacks ones are kinda scary.
@FayeHazel (36624)
WOw! I'm happy you got some answers and it wasn't anything major
• Perth, Australia
@FayeHazel Thank you very kindly! I'm sorry for my late reply, I've been busy but almost free from my course to finally spend more time here! YAY!
@Nevena83 (64461)
• Serbia
I'm glad it's nothing serious.
• Perth, Australia
@Nevena83 Thank you so very kindly! Me too!
@CarolDM (138554)
Glad to know you found out the reason for what you were seeing. Hope you can get your glasses soon.
• Perth, Australia
@CarolDM Thank you very kindly.
I have astigmatism. I used to wear contacts, and if I wanted to keep doing that I had to have the eye appointments to get the prescription. I dreaded being told my eyes changed again, especially as a child.
• Perth, Australia
@AmbiePam I can understand that. Eyes really are precious, same with our hearing. I'm sorry for that.
@hotsummer (11542)
So they are floaters. I remember when i uaed computer for almost the whole day that I saw flashing white lights. It's like floaters also but more exaggerated in a way like my whole atmosphere I see those white streak of lights. Like there's no space where I don't see streak of light
• Perth, Australia
@hotsummer whoa! That sounds both amazing yet scary! I hope your eyes are alright!