Another huge religious celebration tomorrow

@prinzcy (31173)
Malaysia
It's Hajj tomorrow and it's another huge religious celebration for the Muslims. Since the stores would be closed during the celebration, I went to purchase fresh food for a couple of days. I don't know how long they'll close this time as we're still in lockdown here. It's not like people can go visit their relatives. That also meant I can't buy breakfast which really sucks. I don't really like to cook in the morning if I can help it. Does seller close their business during huge religious celebration in your country too?
@Sathyabo (833)
Yeah tomorrow is Bakrid for all Muslim friends. Most of the sellers will open the shop tomorrow in my country. Good day.
@Sathyabo (833)
@prinzcy Yeag same festival only.
@cacay1 (56409)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@prinzcy , yeah it is called " Eid al-Fitr" the end of the Muslim Ramadan. God Bless them.
No. Here they don't close anytime and actually during these days they get more sales. Enjoy the festival and have a great day
@prinzcy (31173)
Thank you! Have a great day too!
• Rockingham, Australia
Vince's friends in Nepal tell him they have a three-day festival on at the moment. They seem to have a great many festivals up there.
@prinzcy (31173)
It's only 2 days for most companies here. Though some would celebrate for a week.
Happy Eid Al Adha. I'm sure you're at the mosque for Eid Al Adha prayer. I can't do it because I have to pick up my wife. Here the shop is always open after prayer.
@prinzcy (31173)
We can't do that. Entrance are limited due to the pandemic. Only numbers of people were allowed to attend.
@prashu228 (32014)
Business and shops are open... even on festival time here
@prinzcy (31173)
Wow, that's good then. The shopkeepers not celebrating?
@S4mmyboy (2368)
• Mumbai, India
Yes tomorrow is Bakri Id which we call it as for, Eid al-adha....it is a festival of sacrifice for the Muslims and a very important religious festival. We would have businesses open but not the Muslim community. They would keep it closed
@prinzcy (31173)
It is call Aidil Adha here. Due to the pandemic, it's not being hugely celebrated right now. But stores are closed for a day or two.
@DaddyEvil (47955)
No, most businesses are still open no matter what day it is. The only day a lot of them are closed is Christmas. (And you can still find small stores open even on that day.)
@prinzcy (31173)
Even the grocery store near my house is closed right now. I don't know for how long. The veggie stall told me they're close only for today.
@DaddyEvil (47955)
@prinzcy You live in a largely Muslim community? There are a few Muslims in my community, but it's mostly Christians. (The Christians are more about making money than the Muslims seem to be.)
@prinzcy (31173)
@DaddyEvil yes, I guess 99% here are Muslims. They're just being laidback on the day
Everything stays open here, but most stores close for Christmas. Many restaurants remain open.
@prinzcy (31173)
Some still on holiday until today. Even my favourite breakfast seller.
I hope you enjoy the celebration no matter what you do.
@prinzcy (31173)
Thank you! Relaxing a lot today. Not doing much, even MyLot.
@cacay1 (56409)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
It's almost worldwide celebration of this day's " Eid al-Fitr" . It's also a non- working holiday in Philippines.
@prinzcy (31173)
That's good to hear. Enjoy your holiday! How many days of holiday there?
@cacay1 (56409)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@prinzcy , only this day, we are not Muslims by the way, but for due respect to Muslim culture and tradition, Eid al-Fitr , day is made a holiday in our country .
@louievill (28441)
It's a holiday today in the Philippines as a sign of respect to our Muslim brothers and sisters even if our country is predominantly Christian.
@prinzcy (31173)
I didn't know it's a holiday for you too. It's holiday during AidilFitri too? (the religious celebration after Muslims' fasting month)
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
only some of them close shops because there are three religions here and not everyone celebrates Eid.
@prinzcy (31173)
It's the same here but everyone would just close their store on the first day, regardless of their religion. Only shops and restaurants like KFC and Watson's are open on that day.
Most do for like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years..although a lot are open for part of the day.
@prinzcy (31173)
The grocery store opened around noon. But other stores still closed until today.
@RebeccasFarm (35964)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
No not here, they never stop selling.
@prinzcy (31173)
That's good then.
@CarolDM (145844)
Often businesses are closed for holidays.
@prinzcy (31173)
The stores here are close during huge celebrations. We have multiple race here so there are plenty of religious celebration in a year.
@dya80dya (24401)
Yes, they close businesses during religious celebrations.
@prinzcy (31173)
For how long? Here it could take days.