Better than a Disney Land ride

@sallypup (46016)
Moses Lake, Washington
The other day I sent a Mom e-mail to my daughter. One of those whiny e-mails. Mean me. We hear from her quite a bit- but only via the computer. We hear her voice maybe four times a year. Maybe. I told her that she could read me a service manual and I would be delighted. Just want to hear you. This morning the phone rang. Rufus started up his hysterical bark fest. When I got him to quit I heard it. Daughter's voice. Now I can do more cleaning and tossing with a light heart. Sweet gift and it didn't cost her anything but time. She is busy with a good job but still......
@S4mmyboy (1828)
• Mumbai, India
Glad that she called you. That's what's a mother's love is all about.
@kaylachan (22907)
It's not easy when your kids grow up and start lives of their own. Parents get forgotten when real life kicks you in the butt.
@sallypup (46016)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kaylachan True. The story about the family not finding their elderly lady is getting to me. It's driving home that time is short.
@wolfgirl569 (43621)
• Marion, Ohio
The voice at least is always nice.
@kobesbuddy (129873)
• East Tawas, Michigan
These daughters, I've got one, also! She calls me while on the road, driving home from the clinic:( Why? Because I don't fit in, anywhere else!
You must be so over the moon to have heard her voice ! Rufus got to have his say too .
There are moments in life that make you feel alive. There is nothing stronger than a mother's love for her children. It's hard to lose them to life. They are with you every day for 18 years and then leave, seeking their own way. The biggest reward has to be when a child returns the love. We go about our day thinking of them, recalling events, wondering what they're doing, if they're happy. Maybe even complaining that we don't see or hear from them often enough. Then a call out of the blue melts everything away except the love between a mother and her daughter. Thank you for sharing that story. I think I'll make some calls today. .
@sallypup (46016)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks for this thoughtful answer. Life should not be greater than family. Thanks, @Vikingswest1
@sallypup I may have to frame that.
@Hate2Iron (15356)
Yeah, I'm glad she called too. that reminds me of my mom. Thank heavens I have a recording of her. Okay, now I'm tearing up lol...
@sallypup (46016)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hate2Iron We never get over our final goodbyes to our Moms. Part of us remain with them.
Good for making her feel guilty in order to hear her voice. I’m sure you were on a natural high all day.
@LindaOHio (70619)
I'm so glad your daughter called you. She should do it more often. Make her feel guilty again...that always works! Hugs.
• Israel
@sallypup I guess your e-mail did the trick about getting her to call you. I can tell by your doing cleaning that it must have been a good conversation with her. Maybe Rufus knew it was her on the other end of the line calling and was excited too that she called.
@janethwayne (5131)
As time goes by to receive a call from our love ones means a lot.
She still should call her Mom once in a while.
I seldom hear from mine via computer or e mail. If I call her, though, and it works okay, we talk for a couple of hours.
@CarolDM (144221)
Everybody has time. I wish they would stop and realize it. Glad she did. A sweet gift indeed.