Do You Keep Note of Carbs You are taking?

By Raj
I see these days people are so health-conscious and it's good actually that they are keeping note of how many carbs they are taking and earlier on I think it was only celebs or entertainers who used to do that and follow strict diet plans to stay fit and presentable but these days normal people like us are doing that too and it's a good thing. Although I am not doing it and probably start after few years. Do You Keep Note of Carbs You are taking?
@Rollo1 (16700)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I eat as close to zero carb as possible. My daily intake is usually less than 6 grams of carbs. Consider that a slice of wheat bread has 15 or more carbs and you can imagine how many carbs most people consume in a day. If you don't eat sugar or carbs, your body will switch from burning glycogen for energy to burning fat for energy.
Wow so do you mean it'll help in make us slim quicker
@Rollo1 (16700)
• Boston, Massachusetts
@Butterfingers Yes. Using a ketogenic diet will induce ketosis, which burn fat rather than sugar. It is not easy to do if you are vegetarian, since most fruit and vegetables are high carb and so, eaten in more limited amounts. But getting rid of grains and gluten is often enough to go "low-carb" which will be of benefit, especially in preventing diabetes.
@Rollo1 wow that's great thanks
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
No, I do not. That would be an added stress on me. I keep checking on the food I eat and enjoy everything in moderation. Yes, I choose healthy options and I exercise daily and so a lot of chores.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
Maybe you don't need to lose weight.
@arunima25 (64629)
• Bangalore, India
@workathomefan I managed to have a healthy weight all these years and decades with regular exercise. But after covid infection, I lost few kilos and I need them back. It is hard to gain it back fast especially in the recovery stage of few months. Well, diet and exercise are the only two things to have a healthy weight, lose weight or gain weight.
@arunima25 That's good actually and that's why I am not doing it too
NO, I do not, I have a balanced diet, I keep note of how many calories I consume.
That's very good and yeah you are good with managing almost everything. Mrs. Perfectionist
@Butterfingers I am laughing because the Swiss director of our bank one day told me "... I thought you were Swiss, I would have never guessed you are Italian, you are so perfectionist!"... well it was intended as a compliment, BUT!!!
@LadyDuck haha Great
@Rashnag (19450)
• Surat, India
No I don't. It adds unnecessary stress in your body and life which isn't needed. I enjoy eating food and have it in moderation along with my daily exercise
That's the best thing we can do
@Rashnag (19450)
• Surat, India
@Butterfingers yes indeed
@ThatDisha (3745)
Health and Disha are two parallel things which never meets
LOL well said
@ThatDisha (3745)
@florelway (20255)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I don't keep track of my carbs intake but I just control mt rice.
Yes it's better to control the intake if we cannot note down the details
@florelway (20255)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Butterfingers that's true.
@prinzcy (32609)
I don't think I could be that strict. I've tried using the app before. I got bored of filling the details on each meal.
I cannot do that and better to stick with daily exercise and having a controlled diet
I have a look at my diet in general but these days since my blood sugar is low I have added more carbs to my diet.
Yes we need to take that into consideration too
I limit certain carbs like bread. But, I eat potatoes, and lots and lots of grains, vegetables, and fruit.
Yes we need to cut the carbs and need to add something healthy
Not really, but I do track the bites I eat..which is essentially the same as calories. I am too addicted to carbs to cut them out totally, but I do watch my overall calorie intake.
Yes it's important to take note of it plus reduce and have in control too
I try to limit my carbs and track it on an app called My Fitness Pal. It gives the nutritional information and I like it because I have to watch my sodium but the carbs, fats, sugars, etc are all included with whatever food you input.
Good you are getting the help from My Fitness pal app
@lady1993 (26947)
No, it's really hard to calculate for me. I just try to keep it balanced
Haha I cannot do that too
@franxav (9922)
I just keep to the regular daily amount. In our state most people take rice twice. I take once.
That's good you are already taking precaution
@cherigucchi (12486)
I really don't. Sadly, I am not very particular in my food intake or diet.
Haha me too and I like to eat fried food so cannot
Not even a little bit. To me, a carb is where air and fuel are mixed to be ignited by spark.
Haha good observations
@prashu228 (35922)
No I don't.. that's really difficult..to maintain in such way.. better eat everything but keep it minimum..
Yes or eat everything you want and exercise
@prashu228 (35922)
@Butterfingers yes that's even better
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
not really. i used to track my eating habits, but i don't do it anymore. i think that i'm getting enough of everything. not too little, not too much.
Yes better to eat in control
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
@Butterfingers don't worry, i am
• Prairieville, Louisiana
You should only have butterfingers once in awhile if you follow low carb diet.Your username is butterfinger so I assume you eat and love them.Dont keep track of carbs writing them down but follow low carb diet.
Haha but I love butter and cannot control the intake