Part two of 'he is mostly captured.'

@sallypup (47767)
Moses Lake, Washington
Fred kitty was timid at the Vet's. I had to tip the plastic carrier on its side and pop him out. He stress purred loudly but did nothing mean to the lady helper when she picked him up and put him on the baby scale. Whoa. 13.5 pounds of striped Fred. Not sure why but the head honcho Vet, the man who owns the establishment, checked out Fred. I really prefer him so I was glad to see him. He said that I could start Fred on an every other day pill regime. Nice for everybody. He pronounced Fred to be in good shape and then let us go pay the bill. Busy clinic but the receptionist took the time to remove about sixty dolllars from my debit card. Heh heh. This is day one in a busy week for me. Tomorrow hubby goes to the doc for a test and then we are going to buy groceries. Thursday morning I take the car in for a check up. There is a Jingle Bells noise coming from its right side. It runs and brakes normally but what is that noise?? Back to today: I am slowly in the process of making a ground turkey pot pie. Hubby cooked potatoes and carrots while I was gone with Fred earlier. I've made the gravy so next up is making pastry. I've taken out two butter knives and then got to find the only rolling pin that remains with me. Friend contractor is coming tonight to finish the bathroom. He has no issues eating my pot pie. He generally brings beer to share with hubby. So its a busy week for me. Hope you all are having a good week.
@TheSojourner (37071)
It's why I keep Trader Joe's pie crust in my freezer. LOL Glad the kitty is okay!
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheSojourner I have never bought a store crust in my life and don't intend to start now. I find that tending to pie crust is kind of relaxing.
@sallypup I like theirs because it's already rolled out and wrapped up and all I have to do is defrost it. They also use butter in their crust which I really like. It's worth it to me.
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheSojourner I am glad you are happy. I am used to my ways. My Mom had me make her an apple pie when she lived in Missouri!
It sounds like an expensive week for you! Thank goodness Fred is okay.
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN I am praying that the car is just something silly. It is a very old car but it still just chugs- and makes that new noise.
@sallypup I will pray that it is something silly, too. You don’t want to have car troubles now.
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN Like I said, worried me drove to town and back without an issue today. I just want a mechanic to double check.
@CarolDM (152882)
Fred is about the same size as the Dude. Glad his visit went well. The pot pie sounds delicious.
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM The kitty in my photo is Sonny J. He used to weigh 17 pounds but has gone toward 13 now. I am hoping it is only encroaching age.
@CarolDM (152882)
@sallypup Wow, that is a hefty size.
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM The doc always said this about Sonny J: "he is a 12 pound cat!" In other words Sonny had some blubber on him. His tail is the biggest fan tail that I've ever seen.
@RebeccasFarm (42240)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
All sounds good then with Fred Lenore. That guy is still hungry huh lol
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RebeccasFarm I will not tell friend what you say about him. Ha ha.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@sallypup He probably wouldnt care he is so hungry lol
@wolfgirl569 (47330)
• Marion, Ohio
Good sized kitty. Glad he is doing good
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 The Pred makes him hungry so he has a tubby middle.
Glad Fred is only going to need meds every other day. Hey, when I was giving Ally her pills I simply pulverized what she would need and mixed it in with some wet food, she didn't have any problems eating the laced food. Good sized kitty Fred turned out to be.
@sallypup (47767)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann Yes. I have a pill cutter. I cut and crush that chunk of pill into canned yummy and it must take terrible cause Fred picks it out. But I soldier on until he eats all the pill.
@LindaOHio (74859)
I'm glad Fred is in good health. I hope your hubby's test goes OK. I hope there's nothing major going on with your car.