Gorillas and COVID

Daytona Beach, Florida
Lowland gorillas at Zoo Atlanta have tested positive for SARS-Cov-2 which is the virus that causes COVID 19. Those who have been taking care of the gorillas have noticed coughing, nasal discharge and not very good appetites. All of the 20 gorillas will undergo testing and it is believed that the infection must have come from a team worker who tested positive. I had no idea that people could pass on the infection to animals. I was thinking if the gorillas infected could only know that a human passed this on to them they would certainly not be very happy and I certainly would not want to be the one human who would have to take care of them now because gorillas can get very angry.
I read that recently. Cats, dogs, and other zoo animals have also come down with covid. The poor babies
@DaddyEvil (53624)
I wonder how long it will be before the animals start passing it back to humans?
@DaddyEvil that is the scariest part of it all
@DaddyEvil (53624)
@RasmaSandra Yes, it is... It may make being human a less than desirable thing...
@LindaOHio (74859)
Many animals have come down with COVID-19; and this is very disturbing to me.
The worst thing is @LindaOHio the poor animals have not idea what is happening with them
@LindaOHio (74859)
@RasmaSandra That's very true.
@JimBo452020 (55521)
• Montrose, Scotland
Oh dear. I hope the elderly gorillas have more luck with coving than UK care home residents
I have read that the fully vaccinated guardian infected them. I know of some cats and dogs that were contaminated.
@maratai (4837)
Wow, sorry for the gorilla too. I hope the animal gets well soon
@DaddyEvil (53624)
I read an online article a few weeks ago about a wild mink and a zoo cheetah testing positive for SARS-Cov-2, as well...
@Deepizzaguy (54358)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I do not envy the work of a zookeeper who has to work with a gorilla in a zoo.
@RebeccasFarm (42240)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Yes so they are saying.