Holiday Challenge - Thanksgiving

My favorite Thanksgiving food: Turkey. But it was gingerbread with coolwhip until.two years ago when I stopped being sble to get the gingerbread mix. My favorite Thanksgiving song: Don't have one.. is there even any out there besides the stupid Adam Sandler song.? My favorite Thanksgiving movie: If there are any I haven't seen them. So I'll go with the Peanuts Thanksgiving special. My favorite Thanksgiving activity: Bowling after we eat. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving: Being in my own home, with my mom. My favorite Thanksgiving: Either the one when I was a kid, when my cousins in Florida (then in New Hampshire) were here with us cause it landed on their parents wedding anniversary and they went to the casino for it. OR 2011 when the fiance (then boyfriend) and I went to Detroit for the football game.. My least favorite Thanksgiving food: From what we make, these biscuits my mom likes. I was much more a fan as a kid than I am now. My least favorite Thanksgiving movie: Again haven't seen one so don't have a least favorite either. My least favorite Thanksgiving thing: Spending it without my babygirl. My least favorite Thanksgiving activity: Cleaning and preparing.. thankfully we've never had alot to do for it or hosted more than two people. My least favorite Thanksgiving: Easy. The one just over a month after my daughter was taken from me.. which was her first. And the one in 2011 when the fiance and I went in Detroit (yes it's in the favorite and least favorite one) as people are always drunk at games and the guy behind me spilled his beer in my hair, and it was the first time neither of us had a turkey dinner for the holiday. Most missed Thanksgiving: Also 2011. As it was our only Thanksgiving together, or at least our only full Thanksgiving together. Most missed Thanksgiving memory: Having the best cheeseburgers I've ever had that 2011 Thanksgiving from the hotels kitchen, which made it okay that we didn't get a turkey dinner. And getting ready for the game that morning, as the fiance and I kept doing stuff to make each other laugh since I was very homesick.
@Bensen32 (23611)
Wow, never really thought about that....is there any Thanksgiving movies? LOL I miss most Thanksgivings, back when the whole family got together and we use to get up at 5 am to start cooking.
We never had thanksgivings like that food wise or family wise. By choice really. We like it just us (and my brother obviously when growing up) and 1-2 guests
@Bensen32 (23611)
@Courtlynn Oh yeah, we use to have big get together with way too much food. Oh by the way I was thinking about it and is "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" a Thanksgiving movie? The one with Steve Martin and John Candy? I thought it was.
@Bensen32 no idea never seen it lol
Interesting read. There were some good and bad memories. I hope this year that you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank you. So far still in bed, as I came to bed around 4 but didn't fall asleep til around 5 then tossed and turned since. Ugh. Maybe if we go bowling we'll have a good time though.
@Courtlynn I hope you do.
@Happy2BeMe thanks we'll see still in lots of pain havent left bed
You're a homebody, and I know that you prefer to be there at home with your Mom better then any place else. That's so sweet. I hope that this year you do something or have something that makes Thanksgiving 2021 memorable.
You're helping it be, thank you. I am, mostly. But wouldn't have said that just 6-7 years ago since the fiance and I were always out snd about and i was always at his house more than here. I didnt like it though and got homesick all the time but did it to be together.
@Courtlynn I am glad that you were able to be honest with him and let him know how you really feel and that he is respectful of your feelings and that you spend more time at your home then his. That means alot.
@Juliaacv he doesn't fully respect or like it as keeps mentioning that i dont go there besides for few hours when we go for his appointments or whatever, but like i dont care. Cause his parents were why i stopped going, and it can not be a reason to him all he wants but it is to me. Didnt even go there to eat or anything for 6 years.. Also the stuff from the past 18months is why i hadnt recently stayed there.
Happy Thanksgiving for this year.
Thank you
@Courtlynn You are welcome
Not sure I could answer these questions. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, two of my siblings and my two kids were born within two weeks of the holiday. Last year was my worst and I am not sure I will ever have a totally happy one again.
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that . My uncles only child was born the 25th so his birthday sometimes is thanksgiving.
@sarik1 (4959)
Amazing post. lovely read.
Thank you
I hope you will have good memories of Thanksgiving today.
Not really but it's okay