Recurring Dreams

More like nightmares. Ever since my mom passed away almost 8 years ago now I have this dream where I am looking for her and I can't find her. Last night I was dreaming we were at this camp we use to go to when we were kids. It was our favorite vacation spot. My mom was there and I left to go out in the canoe. When I got back my mom was gone. I looked everywhere for her and I couldn't find her. She wasn't in the camp, she wasn't in the woods, she wasn't out in the water. I was running through the woods calling her name, freaking out in my dream. I woke up having a panic attack. My heart was racing. I had pains in my chest and I couldn't catch my breath. It was awful. I couldn't go back to sleep and I still feel rattled from it. Not sure why I get those dreams. My Dad passed away in 2000 and I was very close to him but I don't have those kinds of dreams about him. All I can think is that when my Dad died we come together as a family and mom kept us all together. She was our rock. When Mom died there was a lot going on among my siblings and to this day most of us don't talk to each other. It is sad but it ripped our family apart and I guess I always have that on my mind. So needless to say I am not feeling great today......
I am so sorry that these terrible dreams are filling your thoughts at night. When my Dad passed in 2009 our family was torn apart, nobody wanted to act like a family after he passed. The laughter, fun and love seemed to be buried with him. I hope that something unexpected comes to your mind today, and turns your day and your thoughts around.
@Happy2BeMe My mother passed probably knowing, to some extent, the same thing. My mother had Alzheimers, but they can still feel they just cannot remember.
@Juliaacv that is sad.
@Happy2BeMe It teaches me how not to act, and surprisingly adults need those lessons also.
Those kind of dreams can carry over into your waking day and just put a damper on it. I've had those types of dreams too
Yes they sure. I still feel some anxiety today.
@Happy2BeMe hope it passes
@Marilynda1225 Thank you
@wolfgirl569 (49103)
• Marion, Ohio
Many families fall apart after the parents are gone. Hope the dreams will end for you
Yes sadly it seems to happen often.
@wolfgirl569 (49103)
• Marion, Ohio
@Happy2BeMe I did know ours would. That maybe helped me deal with it. I used to be close to my brother but that was before he met his wife. He changed drastically after he met her. So we were no longer friends by the time my parents passed. My sister has always been the spoiled treat me like a queen type. Being the baby didnt help. But even after having 2 kids of her own she stayed like that
@Rashnag (25386)
• Surat, India
So sorry to hear. . Hope you cope up with it. Mother's are very special and a world to us. Noone can fill that void. Stay strong dear. Take care
Thank you
@Rashnag (25386)
• Surat, India
@Faster16 (1784)
Prayer is what she needs most right now
Thank you
@Faster16 (1784)
@Happy2BeMe you're welcome
@Belexhanns (3526)
• Kampala, Uganda
Try to pray to avoid those dreams, they bring longtime sorrow
Thank you
• Kampala, Uganda
@Happy2BeMe welcome
@franxav (11710)
May God heal you and give you strength!
Thank you
Oh my god. I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep after that nightmare either . that's terrible to have
I am still feeling a lot of anxiety about it but hopefully tonight will be a better night
@Happy2BeMe very understandable. Really hope tonight is different for you
@Courtlynn Thank you
@Fleura (18458)
I'm sorry you keep going through that trauma. And I'm sorry you lost your parents of course. Obviously something is preying on your subconscious. I wonder if there is some way you could ease that - maybe write it all down, or write a letter to your Mom (obviously it won't get sent, but sometimes this sort of thing can help).
I think that is a great idea. I just might do that to see if it helps.
@Fleura (18458)
@Happy2BeMe I hope something can help. You don't want this to go on for years!
@Fleura No that is true.
@dodo19 (44505)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Definitely not a pleasant dream to have. I'm really sorry that you keep having these dreams.
Thanks. Last night I dreamed about my Dad which I havent dont in quite sometime and it was upsetting to me. It could just be with the holidays nearing and I am missing them so much this time of the year.
@dodo19 (44505)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Happy2BeMe It's hard when you miss loved ones. Could just be that you miss them, like you said.
• Rockingham, Australia
That is just awful. I'm sorry you are having these bad dreams. It sounds like there might be unresolved issues but what you can do about them, I have no idea.
I know..just deal with them and hope over time I will find the peace to stop the dreams