I am MY own person here and YOU?!?

It is important to have a strong sense of self so that you would not have a hard time in case you decide to be independent. I learned so many things when living alone and away from my comfort zone before. I still remember my old man used to push me away to work in another city and say it in a good way. Through the years, I learned to be myself as a person here and there. Thus, I do not feel isolated from others when bogged down by stress. 'What do you think makes you different from other people?' 'How can being alone help develop one's individuality?' Image Credit: encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com
I find that you have to like yourself if you spend a lot of time alone
@sulynsi (2373)
I have noticed too, that unless someone likes themselves, they find the company of others intolerable.
@sulynsi I agree
@Marilynda1225 Originally, I am an introvert. I used to spend a lot of time with myself. But I broke free from being one. Now, I am an ambivert.
@Janet357 (75308)
It is nice to be always independent. i can usually figure the way out whenever I find myself in turmoil i pray a lot.
Being the eldest seems the hardest life among all the siblings in the family. That is why I need to be independent at a young age.
I've always been a loner, so being alone as I am isn't hard for me. It is my comfort zone. I'm very independent. I always have been. I have always been my own person. Even when I was married.
Whenever I am at home, I prefer being alone in my room and doing stuff online. During my younger years, I am a timid soul and still like this if being solo.
@askme123 (2816)
@Shavkat Never let your guard down especially on social media
@askme123 I am not into social media nowadays. I prefer being here.
@askme123 (2816)
Yes you need to be strong.Especially in these times .You have people who prey on the weak and the young and try to convert them to their way of living .
You are right about this matter. We need to be vigilant against these bad elements.
@askme123 (2816)
@Shavkat Sometimes people seem friendly and in fact they are trying to lure you in their lifestyle.So you have to be very careful even on here
@askme123 They are good actors in deceiving others. I agree with you on this matter.
@RubyHawk (49633)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m living alone as many of us do and it’s lonely but you will eventually get used to it.
When I had my medical mission in Tajikistan, I took the chance of being alone in the area at that time. It changed me into a better person because of this experience.
@RubyHawk (49633)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Shavkat That must have been hard.
@RubyHawk At first, I was questioning myself for being in this situation. The good thing is that I was able to convince myself to accomplish my mission there.
I need lots of people to talk I'm introvert
I used to an intovert. I turned to a new leaf and became an ambivert.
@Shavkat what's ambivert??
• Rockingham, Australia
In the end, the only person you can really rely on is yourself so it's good to learn to live on your own.
To set the record straight, I was living alone before. Now, I am with my immediate family. The fun fact is that I always go back home despite yearning to live alone. But I am not scared to live alone anytime.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Shavkat And that is a good thing - to be able to live contentedly on your own.
@JudyEv In time, I will be in this situation.
@CarolDM (168247)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I like being different and not part of the crowd.
I must say that I am a different soul in a crowd.
@CarolDM (168247)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Shavkat It is good to be different in my opinion.
@CarolDM I agree.
@sabtraversa (12510)
I'm not different from other people but I'm definitely different from some. It took me time to figure out not all people are the same. While some think either astrology or MBTI is beef manure, they both helped me learn that. Thankfully, I've always been an independent thinker. I will listen but apply my own logic. Unfortunately, I'm not that independent on an emotional level. My empathy can turn me into a people pleaser, so it's actually more stressful for me to be around people as I can't help but be concerned about how they feel. My comfort zone is actually being alone, on my own.
When I am still studying in a Catholic school, my religion teacher keeps on telling us that we are all created with uniqueness. It means it saved me to figure it out. I can relate to you about the emotional part. At some point, I still need to consolidate some information before having my final decision.
@sabtraversa (12510)
@Shavkat Kudos to your religion teacher! I think the idea we're all equal et cetera was more prominent during my childhood instead.
@sabtraversa At some point, there so many things that we are equal into.
It’s good to be self sufficient. I’m rarely alone, but I think you’re doing a good job
I must say thank you. In this world, we need to learn to be one.
@Rashnag (25187)
• Surat, India
Rightly said. I agree. Living alone teaches many things in life. Glad to know about your progress
I agree with you.
I don’t mind being alone as I am introverted. However, I miss being around with people at times. lol