Does the difference in years in a marriage affect the relationship ?

@soymex (820)
Bucharest, Romania
More and more young people are getting married up to the age of 20 . According to statistics , women over the age of 45 are getting married to younger men , even 15 years old ! Men up to the age of 30 are looking for women over the age of 40 ! Does the future of marriage affect these differences for years ? Do you have differences in your family for years ?
At some point, if the difference is many years, it will affect parts of the relationship if not the relationship itself. This may not be true for every spring/fall relationship but age difference plays a part in every relationship even if only in small ways. Music choices, activities and friends. My wife is three years older than I am and I never pass up the chance to remind her lol
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
And he never said, do like her, that she's older?
I am Italian, Italians used to marry younger women and, for what I know, this has not changed. In our days many couples are the same age, as they meet in school or at the university. My husband is 5 years older and we have no problems. The father of my husband was 25 years older than his mother, they ended up divorcing.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Yes, in Romania too, marriages predominate where the husband is older! This has been the tradition for hundreds of years, but now it's more fun. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, maybe it doesn't affect anything!
@soymex I know that in the past, women preferred an older man because he needed to have a good job before starting a family. Men preferred younger women because young women can take better care of young kids. My brother and his wife were the same age, my Dad was 3 years older than my Mom.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
@LadyDuck Exact! Now, I think men will take care of children!
@sinari (2873)
It is common nowadays to marry a partner who is much younger. Indeed love is blind If we love, even though our partner is much older than our age, then we will still love him.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Yes, at first love is blind, but over time, can it affect the difference in age, the relationship? I don't know, maybe discussions, about "I told you I was older"?
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
@sinari How beautiful! I also met some old people, they were both 92 years old and had been together for 70 years!
@sinari (2873)
@soymex Yes it is a couple united by true love. Love is blind. Regardless of age.
@saytama (481)
• Chisinau, Moldova
My man is 10 years older than me , and this does not cause me any inconvenience , on the contrary , at this age he took place as a person , I learned a lot from him , and if you love a person , age does not matter
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Of course, where there is love, nothing can happen. But, you know what it's like, one wants to go to the disco and the other to the park!
@saytama (481)
• Chisinau, Moldova
@soymex Fortunately , we don 't have such problems ) , I don 't like crowded places and we have similar interests
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
@saytama If the interests are common, then there should be no problems!
@Fa_Maverick (7922)
Ive always had a thing for older guys the only relationships in my family that have worked is when there is a gap of 2 or more years same age or few months apart havent worked out.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
So, marriages predominate, where men are older!
@soymex not necessarily... I didnt give sexes
@RubyHawk (49633)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don’t know if age matters. If a couple love each other age probably doesn’t matter.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
I think so too, but there are some couples who have discussions about the age difference between them!
@RubyHawk (49633)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@soymex I agree. The couple should always discuss the age difference.
@bunnybon7 (48253)
• Holiday, Florida
yes. and I think age has nothing to do with how it works or lasts.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
There were cases when, that was the problem when they got divorced!
@bunnybon7 (48253)
• Holiday, Florida
@soymex some people probably just can't handle the difference in what's liked by their spouse. yes.
Some age differences can work but when there's a big gap I don't know what a couple would find in common,
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Maybe it's just love ... When you're young, it doesn't really matter!
@soymex when you're in love you don't think about the difference. My personal opinion is there's no right or wrong relationship and age shouldn't matter.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Wow! I think a man should be older than the woman. My father is 6 years older than my mother.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Normally, that would be the case, but there are exceptions!
• Nairobi, Kenya
@soymex ooh alright.
@Rashnag (25187)
• Surat, India
It's true what you said. It's the current trend marrying with big age differences. No big age differences isn't in my family
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
I am 3 years older than my wife. I have never had any discussions, or reproaches, about age!
@Rashnag (25187)
• Surat, India
@soymex ok dear. Glad to know about it. Take care
@cherigucchi (13759)
There are some cases that it really affects the relationship but it depends on the couple
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
That's right, it all depends on their understanding!
@cherigucchi (13759)
@soymex Yeah, right
@RebeccasFarm (56529)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
It seems to me, people are attracted to each other for many reasons and motives and with all ages, and it has always been like this. I think if the people are compatible, age does not make a difference. Just my thoughts.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Correct, but from a certain age, let's say, in 50 years, problems can arise!
Most people that I know are married to people close in age to them. The more years between the couple the more likely to end in divorce. It is a proven fact.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
Yes, and the bigger the difference, the better the chances of divorce!
@Janet357 (75308)
no idea. but i am 9 months older than my husband.
@soymex (820)
• Bucharest, Romania
So you're older, in many couples, the husband is older!
I would not marry someone young enough to be my child. That seems repulsive to me. I see no harm in marrying someone 10 years older. Much more than that, and you have nothing in common.