My Little Nephew Has Covid....

Perth, Australia
I have two brothers. One lives here in Perth with my dad and I and my other brother lives in Sydney. I do not speak all that much to family over there. I stay more in touch with my Nanny (mum's mum) but due to personal reasons, I don't stay in touch with my brother and his family as much as I'd like. But anyway, my brother who lives here with dad and I, told me that Hayden (my nephew) has Covid. I was taken aback as I wasn't expecting that. I have known some people to have Covid but no one in my family. Poor little thing. I believe he is 6 or 7 years old. And from what I'm understanding, my brother and one of my nieces hasn't been feeling so good lately either. I can only assume....you know. I'm just hoping they will be alright. Sydney hadn't been doing too well with their cases but just wasn't expecting that. I will be ringing my Nanny tomorrow to see how she is as she was with my brother and his family not all that long ago. And hopefully I can hear more about how Hayden, my brother and niece are doing. It's scary seeing the cases but it hits differently when it's someone you know, especially family and close friends. How have the cases been where you live? I haven't even checked what Perth has been like. Not meaning any disrespect nor am I hiding from it, but I have taken a tiny step back (well I'm trying to!) from all the bad news. Sometimes it becomes a bit too much.
@PhredWreck (7630)
• Olney, Illinois
I know a few people that have had it. They all recovered fine.
• Perth, Australia
@PhredWreck Speak of the devil! Well, actually I didn't say your name but I literally just spoke about you. I spoke in code though. Thank you for your comment. Very positive.
• Perth, Australia
@PhredWreck Thank you for explaining. I am glad that her experience was only like having a bad cold. It seems like it can vary. It's frightening seeing how bad it can get so always happy to know when people recover well from it. By the way, I meant, I just spoke about you in a nice way. I feel bad I didn't explain that in my previous comment. A MyLotter did a post about missing people here and I said something nice about ya without saying your name. Didn't want you to think I was talking about you in a gossip way. I wouldn't anyway. I like ya too much!
• Olney, Illinois
@VivaLaDani13 I haven't been around a whole lot lately, going through one of my cyclic 'low' periods. Glad to know you thought of me.
@moffittjc (105028)
• Gainesville, Florida
At this point in the pandemic, it seems difficult to find anyone here who has NOT had Covid. Pretty much everyone here has had it. At least it seems like that to me. Of course, in the US we haven't imposed as many restrictions and lockdowns and whatnot to try and stop the virus. And people were pretty much ignoring any restrictions put in place anyway. It's just life as normal here. Somebody gets Covid...you wish them well and tell them you'll see them in a week when they're better. People don't seem to treat it any more differently than the flu now. I mean, I'm speaking on what I see in my local community, not necessarily what it's like across the rest of the country. It just seems people here don't care anymore.
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc That is something that really ticked me off. I cannot say it about here in Perth much but I had seen a lot of videos elsewhere around the world (also including parts of Australia) where they weren't taking restrictions seriously. What really got to me was really early on when Covid started when people were doing these stupid challenge of licking toilet seats or door handles and coughing on food in supermarkets. Was disgusting. I understand where you are coming from too regarding the change of hearts towards it all. A lot of people are saying things like "I don't care about it anymore" or "I'm sick of hearing about Covid." It's quite disrespectful towards those who are suffering and have suffered loss during this time.
@moffittjc (105028)
• Gainesville, Florida
@VivaLaDani13 Having suffered from Covid twice, I don't make light of the situation at all. Am I tired of this pandemic? Sure. I want it to be over, and I want to move on. But I'm not going to be disrespectful to those who may still be suffering.
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc Well you do have a kind and compassionate heart, so that makes sense.
@cacay1 (70780)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hoping your nephew is fine now and no complications. Covid is real one must not take it easy or ignore. It is just lurking around the corner waiting for a host.
• Perth, Australia
@cacay1 Thank you. He is doing perfectly fine now thank goodness. And I agree. I have Covid myself now. It has been hell.
@cacay1 (70780)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@VivaLaDani13 happy to know baby is healed from the monster virus. I saw you in Facebook showing you're covid positive, but you were boostered, so no worries at all. It won't harm you to the max.
• Perth, Australia
@cacay1 I am happy too. Yes I am Covid positive. Though, I think you may be thinking of someone else regarding the booster shot. Thank you anyway.
@rsa101 (34384)
So sorry to hear that your place is undergoing a surge of covid cases. Luckily my place seems to be doing pretty good as they say the cases have come to have a declining trend already. I am hoping that we can get out of the pandemic status soon but with what is happening around the world where the virus is wreaking havoc, I do not think we should be complacent since any time soon the virus from abroad may just come again and create surges again.
• Perth, Australia
@rsa101 Thank you kindly. My nephew lives in Sydney and I am in Perth. I am unsure what the cases are over there right now. My nephew and everyone is all well now thank goodness. But now I have Covid so it's been quite an exhausting time at the moment. I'm so glad to know your place is doing good regarding Covid cases! The lower, the better.
@rsa101 (34384)
@VivaLaDani13 If you are vaccinated, I think you can recover from it provided you do not have any other health problems that may aggravate it.
• Perth, Australia
@rsa101 I'm not sure. It seems to vary from person to person. Some vaccinated people seem to get just as sick as the non-vaccinated. Unsure though. All I know is that I am just dealing with it one day at a time.
@moonandstars (59011)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i thought that your brother lives with you nevertheless, i hope the nephew gets better.
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars I have two brothers. The one whose son has Covid is in Sydney and my other brother does live with me and my dad. Thank you so much.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@VivaLaDani13 sorry, i didn't know. welcome
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars It's all good. I don't speak all that much about all the family members.
I'm sorry he has COVID. I hope he recovers quickly. It's hit my family, but it was a while ago.
• Perth, Australia
@just4him Thank you kindly Valerie. I'm sorry it got to your family. I'm assuming everyone is all well now?
@VivaLaDani13 Yes, they are. Thank you.
• Perth, Australia
@just4him I'm glad to know. You're welcome.
I am sorry for your nephew. I hope it's only a mild case. Often young kids only have very mild cases.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck Thank you kindly Anna. I am glad to know that they mostly have mild cases. I wasn't aware of that. I hope that's the case for little Hayden.
@VivaLaDani13 Children seem to recover well from Covid, I have heard of many, it was like a flu for them.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck That is great to know.
@crossbones27 (43749)
• Redlands, California
Yeah bad news everywhere, I would say I had it 5 times but whiskey saved me trying to get idiots to become bearable but my brother and sister do not drink much and they would have had it 5 times f that was the case. Point being so mad at people for not even caring shows where world is, who cares if some one was vulnerable, does not matter to you because you do not give a crap. Not you miss lady how I saw it in my head. True colors shown and still be shown. I did a purge 10 to 12 years ago from people like them A lot poorer but sure a lot more happy and healthy apparently Its a sad way to live so hateful and I grew so tired. I have anger issues from my youth, people talk smack all the time but they would be scared as all hell if they ever saw me really angry. I am working on it.
• Perth, Australia
@crossbones27 Did you mean you believe you've had Covid like 5 times? But yes I see what you're saying. Bad bad news everywhere all the time. Feel like it cannot be escaped. Even when not listening or reading anything, someone will start talking about something awful that they listened to or read. I almost feel like asking them politely to just keep it to themselves for now but I feel bad denying someone to voice their thoughts even if it's stressing me out. A purge sounds good to be honest. I think it's best we all do that. I admit, it's hard but when able to do it, or at least find ways to cut back on people's negativity, it's golden. I'm sorry to know about your anger issues. I will not say I completely understand as I do not know exactly what you went through but I will say I have a lot of anger too from my childhood / teenage years and early 20s. It's made me feel kindda bitter sometimes. *hugs to you for working on it*
• Redlands, California
@VivaLaDani13 Nah I would know I was a Marine my body tells me, I was talking smack there Thanks miss lady its life and life is hard but we can be better people.
• Perth, Australia
I hope he will get better soon.
• Perth, Australia
@marlina Thank you so kindly.
@VivaLaDani13 m You are welcome.
@CarolDM (186497)
Sorry to hear this. Many around here have had it, everyone seems ok now. Things are better now.
• Perth, Australia
@CarolDM Thank you kindly Carol. I am glad many over there have come out alright after having it.
@CarolDM (186497)
@VivaLaDani13 You are very welcome.
@LeaPea2417 (33760)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I pray it is only a mild case for him.
• Perth, Australia
@LeaPea2417 Thank you so kindly. So sweet of you.
@LeaPea2417 (33760)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@VivaLaDani13 Your welcome
I hope he will recuperate soon.
• Perth, Australia
@Shavkat Thank you very much.
@VivaLaDani13 You are welcome.
@Daljinder (23134)
• Bangalore, India
The new variant keeps coming and going. I have honestly lost track. We just keep wearing masks and carrying sanitizers. Generally, taking precautions. We got vaccinated as well. Third-wave came and went. The fourth wave is predicted this June so, yeah still taking all precautions. What else can we do? Covid is here to stay. We need to adjust accordingly. If your nephew was vaccinated then he will recover soon enough. Non-vaccinated is the ones getting admitted to ICUs. For vaccinated, self-quarantine helps in recovering as most of the time it's like having a bad cold/flu. This is the 3rd year with Covid.......... I am done with it.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder I was wondering if you got vaccinated or not. I hope you didn't suffer any unwanted side effects and are all good with that. And I agree, the waves just seem to keep coming back not much you can do besides the obvious things (like you said taking precautions). I believe they were all vaccinated....I THINK. He is doing much better. My niece did get it too but she is doing ok. They are all ok and hopefully will just keep being ok. I know. It's just something that won't bugger off. *hugs to you dudette*
@sol_cee (31441)
Omg- how’s he now?
• Perth, Australia
@sol_cee I haven't heard from my other brother yet but I'm hoping he and they all are doing well.
I hope your nephew will be ok.
• Perth, Australia
@jstory07 Thank you kindly.
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm really sorry to hear this. I do hope your nephew recovers quickly. I hate it when kids get sick. Our numbers are climbing here and we're trying to keep ourselves out of crowded areas.
• Perth, Australia
@JudyEv Thank you kindly. Same here. It's heartbreaking when children are really sick. Pulls on the heart strings that's for sure. I only just noticed about our cases here. I hadn't been paying much attention on purpose. But yeah I didn't know we were climbing up again.
@Rashnag (28195)
• Surat, India
So sorry to hear. Hope he recovers soon. I have same thinking as yours when come to news so no idea. Stay safe and take care
• Perth, Australia
@Rashnag Thank you kindly. Yeah the news just becomes a bit too much sometimes. You stay safe and take care too.
@Gillygirl (47089)
• Sutton, England
Like JJ I know many people who have recovered fine. Cases are dropping here at present
• Perth, Australia
@Gillygirl Thank you for saying it too. I have only known of one person who sadly passed. Though, I didn't know him personally. One of my best friend's dad but I do take into account he was elderly. I am glad cases are dropping over there! Hope it keeps dropping!