My candle collection....So far....

Perth, Australia
Hello again. Just continuing on from my recent post. As I explained in my last post, I got some new candles and a beautiful tealight candles holder for myself from one of my favourite stores for my birthday. I wouldn't say I am obsessed or a collector but I do love buying myself candles if they are at a good price. I do get them as gifts sometimes from others which I appreciate so much! I've been trying to figure out why I love them so much. I remember when I was really little in Sydney (I was born in Sydney and lived there til I was about 5 or 6) and there was a blackout one night. My mum got out candles and lit them. There was something about that moment I enjoyed. There's some satisfaction about creating light when you need it. As well as lighting them for relaxation. Sometimes I have all the lights out and light some candles. I love it. (this is when dad and brother are asleep). I get scared if I did this home alone. So in the photo are all my candles and my new tealight candles holder. On the left there is a cute raccoon candle. This shall never be lit. Raccoons are my favourite animal and being Aussie, it's rare seeing raccoon merchandise in stores. That sits up with all my raccoon collection. Is there anything that you like to buy sometimes that just gives you joy?
@yoalldudes (32656)
Oh wow this is so pretty. I believe they are tealights, right? I have started my stationery collection.
• Perth, Australia
@yoalldudes They sure are, I love it all so much. And yep, they sure are the tealight candles. oh nice! So you have it all on a desk? Some amazing and beautiful looking stationary out there.
@yoalldudes (32656)
@VivaLaDani13 I havent reached to that stage yet. I will need some organizers. But I put them out everytime I do some journaling or when I want to relax.
• Perth, Australia
@yoalldudes Well I wish you the best in getting it all organised.
That is a sweet memory from your childhood when your mother lit candles. I love the light that is cast from a flickering candle, even if they are not scented, there are so many pretty aspects of burning a candle. At Christmas time I like to fill a large clear glass bowl, add some green food colouring and light some floating candles. It makes for a stunning centerpiece. I love to buy scented wax melts, just for the pretty scent.
• Perth, Australia
@Juliaacv I agree. I love the flicking of the flame as well. I love the sound of what you do for Christmas! It sounds so beautiful and peaceful! I have tried scented wax before but wasn't really my thing but I still think they are clever.
@CarolDM (187568)
I used to add to my Eeyore collection but I have plenty now. Nice candles you have.
• Perth, Australia
@CarolDM I love when you post photos of some of your Eeyore collection. They are so cute! And thank you kindly, I love my candles so much.
@CarolDM (187568)
@VivaLaDani13 I am so glad you enjoy them. I have what I call an Eeyore bedroom. It is painted "Oh Bother Blue". That is the actual name of the paint. I should write a story.
• Perth, Australia
@CarolDM Oh that is so so cute! I love the name! If you do write a story, I'd sure love to read it!
@moonandstars (60575)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
wow, what a collection i like bubble maker
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars I love them all so much. I've not heard of bubble maker before. What is that?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@VivaLaDani13 this thing.
• Perth, Australia
@moonandstars Oh I see! Yes of course! I'm so sorry, I do know what they are. They are a lot of fun! I don't care what age we are, bubbles are fun.
Just be very careful
• Perth, Australia
@marlina I promise I will be. I always am.
@VivaLaDani13 Good, I worry about you.
• Perth, Australia
@marlina That is so sweet and kind of you, I really appreciate you a lot. I am very careful with candles so I will be fine there for sure.
I like scented candles mainly because they bring me memories. Your raccoon candle is cute, I have one shaped like a teddy bear.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck That's lovely. Always nice to have something we use or see that bring back nice memories. What scents do you like? And cute you have a teddy bear shaped candle!
@VivaLaDani13 - My favorite scents are cinnamon, lemon or lime, mixed spices. Nothing too sweet.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck They are nice sounding.
@askme123 (5325)
I only use candles if there is no electricity. However I prefer the scented variety. Have ever used the scented ones?
• Perth, Australia
@askme123 I love having the candles in case of a black out though, that's not very common. So I mostly use to create a relaxing environment. And yes all of these candles are scented. Love them.
@askme123 (5325)
@VivaLaDani13 Yes that is nice.
• Perth, Australia
@TheSojourner (51511)
Candles in certain fragrances do that for me. Not all candles, but the ones that have some very familiar fragrance that I associate with certain events in my life.
• Perth, Australia
@TheSojourner That is lovely that some candles make you feel good like that. I am not very adventurous when it comes to candle scents. Things like vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon or coffee make me want to gag. I love the smell of real coffee (hate the taste) but in candles.... Nah. I wish there was a scent of rain.
@VivaLaDani13 there are candles that have a sense of rain to them. Yankee candles are some of my favorite. I don't like vanilla and all of those gag type candles either. I tend to like things like sandalwood, and patchouli, and things like that. I also like lilac. I have tried a lot of candles that are less expensive candles and they don't smell very real, but the Yankee candles have a very nice fragrance to them. There are so many.
• Perth, Australia
@TheSojourner I will have to look around for rain scented candles. Sandalwood is lovely too! I only quite recently tried a sandalwood candle. But yes I'm so happy there are so many candles out there. Love them!
@Faster16 (3082)
In the past few weeks I have often received free gifts, be it food or money
• Perth, Australia
@Faster16 How lovely! It's always nice to get free gifts.
@nela13 (50894)
• Portugal
Such a sweet memory that you have. I already know what to give you in your birthday
• Perth, Australia
@nela13 Aw you're sweet.
• Rockingham, Australia
Just be careful with your candles and don't put yourself in any danger. Don't put them near curtains for instance. I'm sure you're too smart to do that.
• Perth, Australia
@JudyEv I promise I am always careful with candles. They are never near anything and they are always in my sight, and if I feel I need to leave the room for a little while, I blow them out.
@Rashnag (28207)
• Surat, India
Beautiful candles. Glad to know about your candle collection. It must feel very good and enjoying it's smell too
• Perth, Australia
@Rashnag Thank you kindly, yes I love them so so much!
I like your collection of candles.
• Perth, Australia
@Queenoflife Thank you kindly.
@Sojourn (13296)
Are raccoons endangered in Australia? Or illegal hunting made the government pass any stringent law.
• Perth, Australia
@Sojourn Raccoons are an American animal so no raccoons are here in Australia. That's why I said it is hard to find raccoon merchandise here for me to get as it's not an Aussie animal. I'm always happy when I do see some.