So Many of the Same Symptoms....

Boise, Idaho
I am 70(will be 71 in November) and I read a lot of articles written on WebMD(and other such sites) about health and health issues. I read the ones about what to watch for if you have a certain disease or issue. I am finding that many of these have the same symptoms. Like weight fluctuations, memory loss, fatigue, loss of appetite, and bruising easily. So I guess this is just one more reason to see your doctor on a regular basis.
Using the Internet instead than going to see a doctor is a bad idea.
Very bad. I was brought up in a family where my grandmother was the doctor pretty much. Her idea was to give you an enema. She was big on that. Helped me a lot though cause I would get so sick from eating all the fruit. Haha! I would only see a doctor if I was very sick.
@celticeagle - We had a family doctor that my parents called when we were sick. My brother went to the University to be a doctor. When he graduated we were lucky to have a doctor in the house.
@LadyDuck .......Interesting. My grandmother wanted to be a nurse and did have some training. She found she couldn't handle the emotional side of it and didn't finish her training. Back then there was only so much even doctors could do. She couldn't handle the blood and gore either.
@kaylachan (34437)
A lot of health conditions do. It makes it hard for a doctor to diagnose something sometimes.
I can see where it would be difficult.
@kaylachan (34437)
@celticeagle They will try to rule out the worst, first.
@kaylachan ........And do the tests that seem the most likely.
@BarBaraPrz (36852)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It's all just life.
That's true.
@LindaOHio (95794)
I see my PCP every 4 months or so; and I get blood and urine tests twice a year; so I should be good.
Sounds like you are pretty well set up.
That's what gets me when I read such articles . . . so many similar symptoms. That's why self diagnosing with online info isn't a good thing - we could have any one of those - but we don't know for sure until we actually get checked out.
That's right.