My Love For the Vintage Movies ~ Movies of the Forties

Boise, Idaho
Some of my favorite movies from the forties include: How Green Was My Valley(1941) Maureen O'Hara and Walter Pigeon, "It's A Wonderful Life"(1946), Pinochio(1940), "Bambi"(1942)"Shop Around The Corner(1940) are one of my favorites with James Stewart and Margaret Sullavan, "Gaslight(1944) with Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer, "The Heiress"(1949)with Olivia de Havilland and Montgomery Clift, another big favorite is: "The Enchanted Cottage"(1945) with Robert Young, Dorothy McGuire, and Herbert Marshall, "Ball of Fire"(1941)is great with Barbara Stanwyck and Gary Cooper(great story and very entertaining.) Danny Kaye did some funny movies during this era. He was great. Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart coupled for such greats as: "To Have and Have Not", and "Key Largo". Bette Davis did "The Little Foxes", "Now, Voyager" and "The Letter". Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn did "Women of the Year" and "Adams Rib" Ingrid Bergman was lovely in "Notorious" with Cary Grant, "Gaslight" with Charles Boyer, and "For Whom the Bell Tolls" with Gary Cooper. My next in this series will be those movies I enjoyed from the fifties.
@RubyHawk (59460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’ve seen some of those but can’t remember much about them.
Time to see them again then.
@RubyHawk (59460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@celticeagle The one made in Ireland with Mareen O’Hara and John Wane was a good one.
@RubyHawk ......."The Quiet Man"?
The one in your photo is "Notorius", one of the actors in the movie was Claude Rains who also played in Casablanca, my all time favorite movie.
Claude Rains has been in some great movies. I enjoy his voice.
@celticeagle I like Claude Rains... of course I never listens to "HIS" voice as I always watch movies in Italian or French.
@LadyDuck .......There are several actors who have deep, masculine unique voices that I really enjoy. He is one.
Hitchcock was the great magician in mystery movies. My favorite suspense movie was Vertigo.
Yes, I forgot to mention Vertigo. I really like Kim Novak. She was good in other movies but especially Vergigo.
@celticeagle The end was perfect. I yelled and jumped
@marguicha ......A very good movie.
They were good movies then.
Yes, they certainly were.
@LindaOHio (92048)
What is interesting is that Shop Around the Corner became You Got Mail in recent times. I've watched both movies.
I really like Shop Around the Corner. I watch it over and over.
@FourWalls (42425)
Lots of GREAT movies in the 40s. Casablanca, Double Indemnity, and The Third Man are my three favorites from that decade.
I liked those too just not as much.