San Francisco can be so silly!

Walnut Creek, California
Since my last post had a "Liberal" leaning to it, let's poke some fun at those bed-wetting unicorn- and rainbow-worshipping Lefties. In San Francisco, we're having our annual Gay Pride Parade soon. But can we just parade away and enjoy the fact that people can express their sexuality openly here in progressive-land? Oh no! Gay and Lesbian police officers have been prohibited from wearing their uniforms during the parade because police uniforms are "threatening" to some. Reference has been made to the police intimidating some snowflakes because they (the police) tried to protect citizens and businesses from violent rioters and looters after some criminal or another was shot by police in some distant State. So now, local news is awash with stories about the Mayor refusing to attend the parade, Gay and Lesbian firefighters considering boycotting the parade, and so on. We have mentally ill homeless by the thousands. Criminals are not prosecuted because the DA is "too busy." Shop-lifting has been decriminalized. Where are our priorities? Come on all of you gun- and Trump-loving Conservatives. Have you say! I admit it. We bed-wetters have taken things to the level of absurdity.
I agree, things are reaching a level of absurdity... there is nothing more to say.
• Walnut Creek, California
Oui, c'est absurd.
@TheHorse There is not a lot we can do.
A very high level of absurdity.
The world is becoming a mad place to live. Where I live there are lots of tents full of homeless immigrants. They will be very cold this coming winter. But funny enough, there is work that noone wants. My 99 year old aunt has had problems to find a maid and all of them add that they don´t do this or that. And she pays well. Last week I paid my grandson some money to help me with gardening. Nobody whats to mow a lawn. They prefer to sit in their tents. Every one protests for this or that. It is insane.
• Walnut Creek, California
Where are they mostly from? We have people here as well who won't work.
Here, as well. People not willing to take an entry level job at $15 hour. I am thinking of working at McDonalds for that amount. I'll get in a uniform and take orders and keep things clean for that. My military time gave me a lot of practice at doing that for a LOT less money.
@TheSojourner I confess that I have become very conservative with age. Too many rights and not a single duty.
@ptrikha_2 (37949)
Wherever in the world we go, I feel that non-discrimination or total fairness is absent. Policies and laws do help but in the end, ground reality depends a lot upon social mindset and in many cases individual bias creep in. A complex topic by itself. De-Criminalizing Shop lifting sounds horrific and can cause more thefts and shop lifting.
• Walnut Creek, California
Many stores in San Francisco are simply shutting down.
@ptrikha_2 (37949)
@TheHorse Shutting down due to economic conditions or inflation; or due to some unrest like conditions?
@ptrikha_2 (37949)
@TheHorse It's a failure of law implementing agencies !
Gay used to be such a simple and nice word, Now you can be gay in so many ways which do not all mean happy and sappy and joyful I have nothing against anyone who wants to parade I am on Barbara Striesand's side there and sing don't rain on my parade.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is she still around?
@TheHorse yep she is still around, I enjoy watching some of her musicals like Hello Dolly and Funny Girl
@FourWalls (43891)
Really? The gays have to “come out of the closet” and admit they’re cops now?????
• Walnut Creek, California
It's a big old goofy world.
@FourWalls (43891)
@TheHorse — yep. And it’s a happy enchilada and you think you’re gonna die.
Why is it so "weird" today? Everywhere we look, there are some people protesting this and that. So sick of the whole thing.
• Walnut Creek, California
I have my gripes, but I am too busy working and playing music to protest anything.
@wolfgirl569 (55950)
• Marion, Ohio
So how do you know who the police are. Small crimes are becoming a no charge thing in many places. They have too many bigger things to deal with sadly
• Walnut Creek, California
Precisely. My stolen mail was probably hardly on the radar screen.
• Rockingham, Australia
We haven't quite got that bad here but our states are often accused of being' nanny states'. We do seem to have a lot of rules and regulations.
@LindaOHio (95600)
The world is getting to the point of insanity. People won't take one of the zillion jobs available, we have shortages of necessities, people are homeless throughout our country, we are polluting our planet beyond recovery...I predict that the human race may eradicate itself in the next hundred years or so.
• Walnut Creek, California
Happily, I don't think I will be here to see it.
@LindaOHio (95600)
@TheHorse I hope I'm not either.
• Walnut Creek, California
@LindaOHio I don't like the way in which humans are moving.
@xander6464 (34614)
• Wapello, Iowa
Are you ready to move out of California and back to America yet?
• Walnut Creek, California
I am thinking about retiring in Iowa, Montana, or Southern California. Seriously.
@xander6464 (34614)
• Wapello, Iowa
@TheHorse Southern California has the weather advantage.
@Morleyhunt (21783)
My head is spinning. I’m not sure if I should be offended, appalled, or protesting like mad because someone, somewhere might be violating someone else’s rights.
• Walnut Creek, California
I'm surprised my enjoyment of (some) sports is not seen as a micro-aggression.