Do you know what happens when it rains?

Mowing. Mowing happens when it rains. More precisely, grass and weeds grow, then mowing happens. Twice in the last ten days or so we have had rain. Not a lot of rain, but there was some. Enough. This morning I have mowed once and will be doing so again, after I rehydrate and cool off. My doctor said based on my symptoms, I did indeed have heat exhaustion in June That means i will now always be more sensitive to the heat, and I must be careful of my health. I am still in charge of mowing here. So off I go. Just in small bits and pieces, to guard my health.
I feel like the really muggy days do the same for the lawn.
I can agree with that. It is like living in a terrarium. Everything grows.
Be very careful out there.
I have mowed in two increments so far today. Not more than 30 minutes at a time.
@RebeccasFarm (66821)
Its horrible that heat exhaustion. I know it well. Yes do not overdo it Heather..take care xo
I am limiting myself to 30 minutes at a time. Only in morning or maybe I will go at it again at dusk. Lots of cool drinks for balance.
@Beestring (2892)
Drink lots of water. Don't stay outside for too long.
I am doing about thirty minutes of yard work at a time. Then come in and drink water and cool off in air conditioning.
@BarBaraPrz (37504)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yup, grass and weeds grow when it rains and things get wet. And even when it doesn't rain, the darn weeds still grow. Last night was the first night in a week that it didn't rain, but boy is it ever humid out there. 29°C/84°F feeling like deepest darkest Amazon...
We are at 100 F or a little higher. Not humid, at least not much. I could enjoy your temps, I think.
@BarBaraPrz (37504)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty I don't mind the heat, "it's the humidity" that gets me.
@LindaOHio (98943)
Stay as cool as you can and hydrate!!!
• Rockingham, Australia
Our lawns don't grow much in winter despite the rain. I think they need more warmth before they really start to grow.
@wolfgirl569 (57972)
• Marion, Ohio
Be careful. We will have to mow soon. But canning comes first
I have to take a mowing break too.