Finished my 52nd book

@lovebuglena (37424)
Staten Island, New York
I finished reading my 52nd book this year. I have only three left to go to reach my Goodreads reading challenge goal of 55 books by the end of the year. I will definitely get to that, even surpass it. Wonder by how much. Reading poetry books certainly helped me get closer to my goal. I probably wouldn’t have gotten so close if I just read novels or non-fiction books. But it doesn’t matter. Poetry books are still books and still very much enjoyable. And that’s why I read them. How many books have you read this year? Have you sat a reading goal for yourself for 2022?
@LindaOHio (104159)
I've only read two. I still have a stack I would love to get to; but I just haven't felt like I can sit down and commit to reading. If I were to get started, I know I'd really get into it; but I haven't been able to concentrate.
Some days I do other things as I THINK i don't want to read until I actually start as I now i realize all I have to do is start reading then i am into the book and all i want to do is read. What two books did you read? Were they good?
@LindaOHio (104159)
@Marty1 One was an autobiography by Star Jones -- she's an attorney. It was OK. I was a little disappointed. I can't remember the other one. Must have been very memorable. lol I just need to START reading; and then I won't put it down until I'm done.
@LindaOHio I have heard of Star Jones but had no idea she wrote an autobiography, But if it was just Okay I won't bother looking for it. That is the same with me as once I start I can't stop reading
@DaddyEvil (95655)
I don't set a goal for my reading... I'm just reading interesting, to me, books. Some by favorite authors and others by relatively unknown authors. (I'm wondering if I can count the manuscripts I edit as "books read" for the year? )
Of course, you can count the manuscripts as well. It doesn't mattter in which shape a book is read.
@DaddyEvil (95655)
@MALUSE I think so, too. I get, usually, one a week to edit.
@lovebuglena (37424)
• Staten Island, New York
I think you can count them as books.
I've heard about such challenges, but I don't participate. I read for pleasure and not to reach a goal.
@lovebuglena (37424)
• Staten Island, New York
I read for pleasure as well but it’s fun to try and reach a reading goal.