Day off and I had to do what I didn't want to do

Anniston, Alabama
Sometimes I wonder about myself, why do I do the things I do and don't do. I know I should be cleaning up the house but I'm tired. I keep my laundry washed and dried. I keep my dirty dishes washed. I know I need to do the floors but I might have to let them go today and rest up for the crazy black Friday coming up. Yesterday I was told I had to run the register that I don't want to do, so I got about an hour and a half training, a few customers were agitated that I was slow, while most were patient. I don't want to be back up because it's not just scanning the products, it's a lot more. I caught on but I pray I don't ever have to be on my own checking people out. I work better alone on the floor stocking and assisting customers. I did the training now maybe the manager will be off my back about it. So..... What are you doing today?
I would be so nervous having to work a register. I’m sorry you had to do that and hope you don’t have to again. I’m always patient with new cashiers I can only imagine how nerve wracking it could be.
@andriaperry yes that would have me sweating buckets
Especially with a long line
I wash a cashier for a month at Kmart over 40 years ago. That was enough for me.
@andriaperry my son briefly cashiered in his teens. He found it very unpleasant too.
I would say so
I remember that feeling. I never wanted to be at the register and one day I was told I'd start training. I freaked out and but in time I got the hang of it . . . but I do understand the pressures of being a cashier (back then we didn't even scan). Today the kids and I are bringing food and things to my mom . . . perhaps we'll all go for a long walk.
@andriaperry A long walk always does a lot of good . . .
A long walk sounds good
• Rockingham, Australia
We're going to play cards at a Senior Citizen's Centre then staying there for a cheap meal. It's quite nice being retired.
Look forward to my retirement
@LindaOHio (109732)
I hope you don't have to man the register too! We will probably go out and get our #2 booster and annual flu shots today.
I need to get my flu shot
@LindaOHio (109732)
@andriaperry Hubs fell asleep after lunch; so we didn't go out. :-(
@sharonelton (14769)
• Lichfield, England
Enjoy your day off - you sound like you need it. I'm sorry you had to work on the register. I wouldn't like to do that either. I worked in a shop when I was on the YTS years ago. I HATED it! I've been to the little Tesco this morning. I've made soup in the soup maker for lunch, and now I'm watching telly while Mylotting. In a minute I'll wash up and then I'll go in my bedroom to read and maybe make a YouTube video or two, then I'll make my dinner and watch some more telly!
Enjoy your day.
@sharonelton (14769)
• Lichfield, England
@andriaperry Thank you very much. You too.
@RebeccasFarm (78252)
Oh that is so tough being on the register.
I never liked working on a register especially when there is a long line.
I worked at a grocery store years ago, just for a very short stint and I found it very stressful. And that was before price matching. Today I have been across town to drop something off at the purolator depot, finished a batch of wash, and am in the process of drying it, and made a batch of cookies. This afternoon I will go and wash the SUV and time and energy permitting I will get the garland out and set up the decorations on the buffet. After that I will need to vacuum as there was 'snow' on that garland and it tends to drop everywhere when I move it out of the storage container.
Make a mess making it pretty
@wolfgirl569 (65430)
• Marion, Ohio
We are enjoying a warm up here. Most stores want everyone to know how so they can help when the store is extremely busy. Be prepared to work register some on Friday.
He'll no
Today I'm wracking my brain for some Christmas gifts I need to buy for some people other than family. I'm at a loss as to what to buy but Im hoping a good idea will pop into my head. Hope you don't have too much stress working on Black Friday. I'm sure you'll catch on at the register and will be a whiz in no time. People will get on your line just because you're fast.
I am not working the register Friday
I'm retired. I don't have to do anything special. Maybe I'll sort out some books I'm going to offer on ebay.
Enjoy your day, I also need to organize my books.
@LouAvul (2396)
When I worked at Kohl's I was a cashier. I liked that better than the one day I substituted for somebody on the floor. I couldn't keep up with the dressing room discards getting back on the sales floor.
I'm opposite, I'm faster on the floor
@Inplay123 (121)
• Nairobi, Kenya
This happens a lot with me if I take a day off and don't start the task in the morning. That day is gone. Once I am made up to take rest I can go for the whole day including skipping some meals.