Putting out some Christmas decorations

I'm not in the best mood after trying to get through Thanksgiving with my family. Still I decided to put out some Christmas decorations. I used to love decorating the inside and outside of the house. The first year I lived here I didn't decorate but I have been putting out some of my stuff since then. I don't have a lot of space to put things on but there is enough for a few of my favorite items. I also put a "Merry Christmas" sign on the door. It will stay there until I make my own wreath at a county park next weekend. I was looking for Christmas movies on TV before but I haven't found any. Oh well.
It's November! Christmas is still one month away. If a German decorated their house already now, the neighbours would call the local loon bin.
In the US it is common to put out Christmas decorations when Thanksgiving is over. Today is Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is Black Friday which is like the biggest shopping day of the year in the US. I always decorate on Black Friday. This year I'm just doing it one day early.
@sallypup (51532)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm glad you found a way to cheer yourself up on this sometimes difficult holiday. I'm about to go to my shed and haul out my plastic Santa. Why not? He is cheery and friendly to look at.
That's the spirit
@Deepizzaguy (74603)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am sure that the Christmas shows will be on television starting tomorrow since the local radio stations will start Christmas music after midnight until the day after Christmas.
@kobesbuddy (156417)
• East Tawas, Michigan
There are a couple Christmas movies I heard about, darn I can't remember the titles. One has Will Farrell and he's such a good actor. "Spirited," that's the name of this movie, Jay just told me. Decorating is a wonderful idea!
@LindaOHio (109106)
Maybe today we will drag out our tiny pre-lit tree. The only other thing we do is to put a wreath on the door.
@LouAvul (2246)
we put ours up already. I’ll post about it with a photo later