Dark Clouds Brought Thunderstorms

@CarolDM (201235)
Have been watching the weather today. Snapped a photo of the dark clouds from the deck this afternoon. Thunderstorms arrived around 3:pm. Middle Tennessee has a strong cold front passing through now. Tomorrow will only be in the 40s F. And in the 20's F by Thursday morning. We will bring in December with cold weather. The first showers and storms have arrived, but storm coverage is expected to increase after sunset and through the first half of our night. The main concern will be damaging wind gusts, but a tornado cannot be ruled out as we head through the overnight. And that is it for the weather report. Sorry but nothing else going on here but the weather. Hoping for the best for anyone else near these storms. And the thunder is still rolling out there. Glad to be safe inside. Photo is mine.
This is a scary sky but also a wonderful sky. Nature can be beautiful even when it is menacing.
@CarolDM I am glad all is gone now. We are enjoying a wonderful sunny Thursday, from tomorrow the bad weather comes.
@CarolDM (201235)
@LadyDuck We are all relieved. Not very common to have tornadoes this time of year.
@CarolDM (201235)
I agree Anna. This was not long before the rain started. And it lasted all through 4th night. Thunderstorms and wind. But all gone now.
@moffittjc (110150)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's been unseasonably warm here in Florida, so I would welcome any cold front at this point. I think we are forecast to get some rain on Wednesday and Thursday, so maybe that's your cold front finally making its way down to us. But it doesn't look like we're getting any significant cooldown from this. I just hope it's cold when we go to Disney for Christmas and New Years.
@CarolDM (201235)
A warm few days here lately too. It is welcomed for sure. I enjoy the colder weather. I just hope these thunderstorms pass without any problems. I hope it is cold for Disney too. Not much longer now.
@moffittjc (110150)
• Gainesville, Florida
@CarolDM I'm really craving some Disney time right now, since I missed out on the Thanksgiving visit because I was sick with the flu. I was slightly jealous that my girlfriend and daughter went, but of course I didn't want them sitting at home all day with my sick, moping butt. lol
@CarolDM (201235)
@moffittjc I am always so envious when you talk about Christmas at Disney. What an experience. Glad you are better now.
Never seen such dense clouds as I see in your photo. I am mortally scared of thunder. Are you too?
@CarolDM When I say thunder it includes lightning. Never known of thunder without lightning!!
@CarolDM (201235)
@allknowing Well, we don't always see the lighting but we hear the thunder. But you are right.
@CarolDM (201235)
You could definitely tell a storm was brewing. The lightning is what I stay away from. Thunder doesn't bother me. But when you hear thunder, you usually see lightning.
Today was a totally grey day here, no skies peeking thru the clouds, but at least we didn't have any storms. I hope that you stay safe and bundle up well if you are going out later this week. Our temperatures are supposed to tank during the first week of the month, so not far off for us either.
@CarolDM I chicken in the oven for supper, that might do the trick to help me feel a little better. I have felt cold all day long, but it has been damp today.
@CarolDM (201235)
Just now I heard thunder and a train at the same time. Took my breath for a second. But all is safe. Thanks, no plans to get out for now. Take care and I hope today was a good one for you. Feel better.
@CarolDM (201235)
@Juliaacv Chicken is good for us for sure. I hope it makes you feel better.
@Deepizzaguy (77556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I hope that you are safe during the rough weather that is coming to our nation for the next two days. In my area there will some mild rain tonight before a couple of days of colder weather.
@Deepizzaguy (77556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@CarolDM So far the storms missed the Lake Charles area and went toward the middle and northeast part of Louisiana tonight.
@CarolDM (201235)
@Deepizzaguy I saw where one touched down in Monroe, LA.
@CarolDM (201235)
Thank you very much. I will be looking out for any alerts. So far still rain and thunder.
@Shivram59 (29472)
@CarolDM Although I love all wearhers;but I love a heavi ly clouded weather the most.A sky completely covered with dark black clouds makes me dance with joy.
@Shivram59 (29472)
@CarolDM Here we don't have storms like tornadoes.I'm glad to know you are safe.
@CarolDM (201235)
@Shivram59 I am glad you do not have these storms. Thank you.
@CarolDM (201235)
I don't mind clouds but tornadoes all around. We are safe.
@FourWalls (51107)
Right now the tornado watches are staying well south of us (you especially since you’re south of me!). I’ve only heard one major touchdown thus far, in a parish near Monroe, Louisiana. I pray these things don’t explode into a major outbreak.
@FourWalls (51107)
@CarolDM — I just checked the SPC (Storms Prediction Center), and their “discussion” indicates they may issue a tornado watch for central Tennessee up to the Kentucky border.
@CarolDM (201235)
I hope it passes soon as well. I read about the Louisiana tornado. I have friends not far away from the area and they are safe thankfully.
@CarolDM (201235)
@FourWalls Not the news I wanted to read. Fingers crossed nothing will become of the watch. Thanks for the heads up.
Hope you didn't get bad storms overnight. The weather is always a good topic It's something we all have
@CarolDM My news is showing some pretty bad tornadoes. Glad you weren't hit with any.
@CarolDM (201235)
Thunderstorms and wind all night. But no tornadoes thankfully.
@CarolDM (201235)
@Marilynda1225 I was reading about several as well. I feel for many who lost their homes. Also read about a mother and her 8 y/o that were killed in Alabama. Heartbreaking. It was a stormy night here but all is well. Thank you.
Good picture of those clouds. I'm glad there weren't tornadoes.
@CarolDM I'm glad they're safe. I'm sorry they lost their home. That is scary.
@CarolDM (201235)
They were scary to see rolling in actually. Friends had tornadoes and one lost her home. But they are all safe.
@CarolDM (201235)
@just4him Very scary indeed.
@Ronrybs (16566)
• London, England
That certainly is an unhappy looking sky. We actually had a bit of sun this afternoon, that was a surprise!
@Ronrybs (16566)
• London, England
@CarolDM I caught the US News, on YouTube, this morning. It was a bad day
@CarolDM (201235)
Yes it was. Tornado warnings all night. Thankfully only thunderstorms and rain. A restless night.
@CarolDM (201235)
@Ronrybs Yes it was. Thankfully only two lives taken. Very sad, a mother and her 8 y/o son.
@RubyHawk (82108)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Your weather will probably zoom on down our way. I didn't see any dark clouds, it's too dark now to see.
@RubyHawk (82108)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@CarolDM I just checked, rains coming in at midnight.
@CarolDM (201235)
@RubyHawk I hope you only get rain and no storms.
@CarolDM (201235)
You are probably correct. Might want to check the weather in your area.
@aninditasen (12484)
• Raurkela, India
Hope the storm subsides soon.
@aninditasen (12484)
• Raurkela, India
@CarolDM Thank God. I think you are feeling better.
@CarolDM (201235)
@aninditasen I feel a lot better.
@CarolDM (201235)
It lasted all night. Sunshine today. Thank you.
• Israel
@CarolDM I am glad you and the cats are safe inside. Today is Wednesday and how is the weather today? Ihopeou and the cats are still safe inside.
• Israel
@CarolDM You are welcome and glad you are all fine. I am also glad you have sunshine today even though it is cold there. Here it is nice outside still.
@CarolDM (201235)
Thank you. A stormy night. Today is sunshine and cold. We are fine.
@CarolDM (201235)
@Hannihar Thank you.
@LindaOHio (114177)
I hope you are safe and sound. Temps will drop 20 degrees by noon today; and it will be windy and rainy. But it's going to warm up again!
@LindaOHio (114177)
@CarolDM Glad to hear it.
@CarolDM (201235)
@LindaOHio Sad that many lost their homes in other states.
@CarolDM (201235)
All safe here. Sunshine and cold today. Only 40s for the high. Restless night of storms but safe.
Today was rainy, windy and cloudy today for the most part We had a brief peak of sunshine. Cold is the operative word for tomorrow.
@CarolDM (201235)
Cold today after tornado warnings all night.
@RebeccasFarm (84649)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
That photo is magnemonius Carol!!
@CarolDM (201235)
Just thankful to be safe.
oh my, i hope all 've safe quarters'n warmth fer such.
@CarolDM (201235)
There she is. All safe now after a long night.
@Shiva49 (25547)
That looks menacing. Hope it passed off without causing damage.
@CarolDM (201235)
Yes we had a stormy night with thunderstorms all night. But all is safe now. Thanks. Others lost homes in nearby states.
@dya80dya (27853)
Being inside when it's stormy is a blessing.
@CarolDM (201235)
No tornadoes was a blessing as well.
@oahuwriter (28292)
Be safe. Holy Christ, keep you safe, thank you holy Christ, amen.
@oahuwriter (28292)
@CarolDM You're welcome.
@CarolDM (201235)
Thank you.