Dad saves his two year old daughter from being attacked by a coyote

A two year old girl being attacked by a coyote in Woodland Hills.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Ariel Eliyahuo who is the dad of his two year old daughter Ariya was leaving the auto that her dad was driving on Friday afternoon in Los Angeles after he picked his daughter from daycare when a coyote that was in the neighborhood attacked the young girl. Ariel took action to save his daughter from being bitten by the coyote by grabbing her away from the coyote and then he threw a water bottle at the coyote who ran away from his neighborhood. When Ariya went inside the house with her dad, she had to go to the hospital with her parents where she was treated with she was given multiple rabies shots. Even though Ariya will recover physically from the attack from the coyote, her parents are concerned that it will take her a long time to recover from the incident. Wildlife officials are in pursuit of the coyote so that can put him to sleep since the coyote is likely to have rabies. The Eliyahuo family who lives in Woodland Hills never expected to see coyotes in their neighborhood. My feelings is that the coyotes like the bears in California are losing their homes in the name of progress by humans so traveling to the city is their way of staying alive..
@CarolDM (201158)
They are all losing their homes sadly. Glad the child is safe.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is what I have noticed that when an animal loses their home, they will enter the city or town of the resident.
@CarolDM (201158)
@Deepizzaguy They have nowhere else to go sadly.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@CarolDM That is a shame.
I heard about that on the news. I'm glad she's okay.
@Deepizzaguy I'm glad she is too.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am happy to learn that the two year old child is okay after the coyote attacked her at home.
@ptrikha_2 (41244)
The displacement of habitats is causing more such animal-human conflict!! Timely action by the girl's Dad. Even here, we hear about Leopards and even Tigers entering city areas and even Shopping complexes sometimes. Animal-villagers conflict and tension is much more. Clearly the Development models need to be sustainable and more planned. The natives and tribals followed much more sustainable practices traditionally but a lot of that knowledge is either ignored or lost. Greed factor is also playing a big part.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The greed part is one of the root causes of the animals coming into lands that once belonged to the animals.
@ptrikha_2 (41244)
@Deepizzaguy Also, this is a problem that is not confined to a single country. Or a limited number of countries. It is a much wider issue.
@RebeccasFarm (84592)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Oh my this is astounding..those coyotes will eat nearly anything or anyone if they can. Great the Dad was so on it and saved the child
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I have noticed that coyotes are mean animals and nothing like the cartoon character Wile E Coyote.
Good for the dad and glad the girl is all right.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The dad did the right thing to save his daughter from being mauled by the coyote.
@RubyHawk (82084)
• Atlanta, Georgia
You are exactly right. When we take away the homes-of wild animals where are they to live. I hope the child will be all right.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am sure that the child will be okay physically. It is her mental part that concerns me.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@RubyHawk That is true.
@RubyHawk (82084)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Deepizzaguy I’m afraid that’s something she’ll always remember.
@dfollin (23451)
Wow! Scary!! My sister too who lives in a suburb of Washington DC said coyotes try to attack her dogs a lot. Good thing he thought quickly!
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I would not be around any coyotes at all.
Good thing he was there!
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is very true.
Encroaching on their land people don't seem to realize they may have some wild animals to contend with.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
That is true.
@Jenaisle (7357)
That's unexpected, being attacked in residential areas by wild animals. By the way, are coyotes considered "wild" in your area? I hope the child overcomes whatever trauma she encountered during that incident. The government should protect the abodes of these animals.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
In the south part of Louisiana ,I have never seen a coyote in person.
@KristenH (33201)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I saw that on the news last night. What a close call though.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It was scary to see that the coyote attacked the child the way he did.
@KristenH (33201)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Deepizzaguy That's for sure. You don't see that everyday.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@KristenH Seldom are stories of coyote attacking kids are reported in the news.
• Rockingham, Australia
Once wild animals lose their fear of humans, they can become quite dangerous and, in some cases, very dangerous.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
You are right since when an animal is angry over losing their lands, they will fight back.
@Dena91 (17760)
Glad the dad was quick thinking in throwing the water bottle at the coyote to scare it away from his daughter. I hope she will be okay. You're right, with the human population moving into their territory stories like this will be more and more.
@Deepizzaguy (77527)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It is a sobering thought for an animal to lose their home in the name of progress and having no chance but to fight back against humans.
@LindaOHio (114176)
I'm glad Ariya will be OK. My SIL gets coyotes crossing her property all the time. Scary stuff.