24 January - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Today was a good day, despite how it started. I'm thankful I got started early with a walk around the hallway, even if it did cause a lot of pain. I'm thankful for Ibuprofen. In two hours I was pain-free and able to get on with my plans for the day. I'm thankful I got the car cleared off without any added trouble. I'm thankful I got the shopping done. My refrigerator looks respectable again. I mostly got fruit - apples, bananas, oranges - Cara Cara, and another type, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. I'm thankful for the physical therapy appointment this afternoon. It was good. Though I did come away limping. I'll be going twice a week for the next month. I'm thankful driving didn't put any undue pain in my back, especially with getting in and out of the car. I'm thankful the therapist told me I could go back to the pool. She said it would be highly beneficial. So, I'll be back tomorrow. I'm thankful I have all my steps. I'll increase the daily quota on Sunday to 6000 or more depending on what I get the rest of the week. Okay, that's my day. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me. My snowman. It hasn't fully melted yet.
@Deepizzaguy (77702)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am very thankful that the tornado warning that came this afternoon in Southwest Louisiana came and went quickly between three o'clock and ended around six o'clock without any loss of power and damages to the rental property due to winds that was as high as 50 miles per hour.
I'm very glad there wasn't any damage from the tornado and high winds.
@Deepizzaguy I'm glad it's minor.
@Deepizzaguy (77702)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him Thank you for the kind words even though downtown Lake Chales has minor damage.
@CarolDM (201837)
Your snowman always makes me smile. You have much to be thankful for. We all do each an every day.
Thank you. I'm glad it makes you smile. Yes, we do.
@CarolDM (201837)
@just4him You are always welcome.
@TheSojourner (62690)
There is much to be thankful for! I am thankful to be reminded by you to be thankful. I am thankful for waking up this morning. I am thankful my heater works, and it keeps me a little warmer. It's cold outside! I am thankful to have food to cook and to eat. I am thankful that rgd takes Cooper, when I need a break or need Cooper to not be stressed out because of something else. I am grateful to have a decent medical team and to have gotten in for an appointment with my oncologist this coming friday.
You have a lot to be thankful for too. I see you're home from your trip. How was it?
@just4him it was great! I got home a week ago.
@TheSojourner I thought about you while you were gone and hoped you had a good time.
I am glad the therapy helped and you can go back to the pool. I am thankful for the wonderful warm day and our long walk together.
@just4him We never know if and when the cold may be back.
@LadyDuck True. Our temps are going down after today and will be that way for at least a week.
Thank you. The pool was awesome. It felt great to be back there. I'm glad you have a warm day and had a long walk together.
I’m thankful for being back in Connecticut and seeing my family and friends.
@just4him So true. I also told hubs I love our house much more than our condo. So much roomier, but more to clean
@DianneN The more to clean part isn't the best part of having all that room, but I love a roomy place. My place is small and very compact. Less to clean, but I've needed to work with it to make it work.
I know they're the most important part of your life.
Did you build the snowman? I did the usual things today - nothing special.
Yes, I did. Isn't it great? Ha Ha. Though I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. A nothing special day is also a good day.
@kaylachan (41643)
I am glad you're recovering. Water does wonders for muscles, I can do my best in water. I am glad your therapy appointment went well. I had a realitvly good day, and I'm thankful for it.
@kaylachan (41643)
@just4him I don't doubt it does. I'd feel the same way.
@kaylachan Thank you.
Thank you. It feels good to get back to a normal routine. I'm glad you had a good day.
Cute snowman in the picture. That is great that you can go swimming again.
Thank you. Yes, it is. I had a wonderful workout this morning.
@wolfgirl569 (69256)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you can go to the pool. I know you were missing that Thankful to watch that white stuff disappear mostly here today
@wolfgirl569 (69256)
• Marion, Ohio
@just4him It hasn't been bad in my area today.
@wolfgirl569 I'm glad it wasn't.
I knew you were getting it. I saw the storm warnings on the weather news. I'm glad it's melting. Thank you. It was good to be back this morning.
• Rupert, Idaho
That's all good to hear....glad you had a good day even with how the day started. That's good you can go back to the pool too.
@MommyOfEli2013 It was fantastic.
Thank you. I had a wonderful workout in the pool this morning and enjoyed the hot tub too.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That's good to hear that you did. The hot tub would be nice