Good Annual Check Up Today

I had my annual physical at the doctor's today. I am pleased to say it was great. She even said my bloodwork was wonderful. That's nice to hear. Since July I have lost 6 pounds, my cholesterol was 220 last time and 132 this time. My good cholesterol was 61, which I always struggled with because it's supposed to be over 40 and usually was in the 30s. And she is fine with my blood pressure. I am NOT fine with my blood pressure. It is okay in the mornings, but as the day goes on it climbs higher and is usually around the 130s or 140s over something in the 70s. She used to tell me to call her if it ever got to the 140s, and now she is not concerned. I am on a blood pressure medication and she doesn't want to change the dosage at this time. So now when it is in the 140s at night, she is not concerned. For most people, their blood pressure peaks in the late afternoon and starts coming down at night. Not mine. She thinks I am stressing myself out about my blood pressure and that is why it goes higher. Hm, does she think I only stress out about my blood pressure at night???? No, I stress out about it all the time! Do you have high blood pressure?
@coldplay8 (162)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
honestly, whenever i come to doctor and recently i've been visiting them more than usual cause i have increased proteins in my system so i guess i am stressed by that and by new doctor which is constantly repeating that isn't normal. but noone has suggested me pills yet. good for everything you've done so far and hope your bp will get better as well.
@coldplay8 One of the things my doctor told me yesterday was that I could stand a bit more protein in my diet. And then I read that protein helps lower blood pressure so I am going to try to add a bit more protein to my diet. How about if you share some of your extra protein with me?! Ha ha!
@coldplay8 Okay, send some over please. I will be waiting, LOL!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Kouponkaren i would be glad to i also have extra iron
@wolfgirl569 (69200)
• Marion, Ohio
I do but don't check it often as I might cause it to go higher worrying about it
@wolfgirl569 Yes, that is true. Both my regular doctor and my cardiologist have said to just check it twice a day.
@TheSojourner (62611)
I do have high blood pressure, and I'm on medication. However, I also have spikes and drops because of the neuroendocrine cancer.
@Kouponkaren It's just part of what the serotonin in my system does, when it's wanting to act up.
@TheSojourner Oh gosh, I am sorry about that. It must be disconcerting to have it spike and drop.
Both my husband and I have low blood pressure. My husband just had bloodwork and the doctor was surprised by the excellent results because he takes no medications at all.
@Kouponkaren Our only exercise is a long walk together every day.
@LadyDuck Your husband is fortunate. Does he exercise often?
• Rockingham, Australia
My husband is on blood pressure tablets but so far I'm fine.
@JudyEv Good for you, and for him if it works for him. I don't have a lot of confidence in my medication, but they tell me it will do the least damage to my internal organs so they don't want to switch me to anything else.
@MasGion (350)
• Malang, Indonesia
my mother has...she consume garlic routine...and of course control the stress is must...
@MasGion Does taking the garlic help your mom's blood pressure stay lower? I cook with garlic sometimes but not daily.
@MasGion (350)
• Malang, Indonesia
@Kouponkaren yes, my mom's blood pressure stable low.
No I do not have high blood pressure and I am glad about that.
@jstory07 You should be glad about not having high blood pressure. Consider yourself blessed!