WhatsApp restrictions

I do not have WhatsApp as I work only on my feature phone. WhatsApp is only available on a smart phone All my online activities are on my desktop with a huge screen The other day I asked a friend to post my video of that party on a WhatsApp group and she did it. She visited me and showed me what she had uploaded. I was disappointed as the video could be seen on that mini screen not something anyone would want to spend their time on. The same video on the desktop on the big screen is a pleasure to watch. WhatsApp only allows videos that are not more than 2.5 minutes duration. Mine was 5 minutes She had to split the videos into two Which user will have the patience to once again click? No doubt calls are free so are calls on FB messenger. FB messenger allows all videos that are saved on cloud. What is your view on WhatsApp?
@MasGion (401)
• Malang, Indonesia
I use WhatsApp for phone and for dekstop. when I work in office, for quick access, dekstop whatsapp very helpful when i cant hold phone...
I will try WhatsApp. I did not know that was possible.
I just downloaded it but to install I am asked to use my phone I only have a feature phone
@MasGion (401)
• Malang, Indonesia
@allknowing yes of course it need phone for verification. Sorry to hear that
You can use whatsApp also on a tablet and on a desktop, it is not correct that it's only on a smart phone. I use whatsApp for free International calls, when I want to TALK with people and not send messages.
They need a phone for verification. I make free international calls on FB messenger.
@allknowing I do not use FB messenger. you have to install an app that I do not want to install.
@LadyDuck I do not have the App but I have an account there.
I worked for a company that made us put that app on our phones so that we could all communicate easily with each other. I never liked that app, and I remember they had issues with security breeches which I brought up at work and then we were all able to delete the app.
I was very disappointed when I asked a friend to share my movie about my party. To watch it on a mobile is a real misery as opposed to seeing it on the desk top.
I used to use it when our younger son traveled, but don’t need it anymore. Our smartphones come in clear from almost anywhere in the world.
I am fine with what I have - a feature phone, my desktop and a camera.
@Icydoll (31490)
I used WhatsApp long back and uninstalled it . Even Instagram has that timing limit .
I can manage my online activity just with a feature phone, a good camera and my ever faithful desk top.
@Icydoll As long as one's needs are met there is no point in going for upgrades. I create my own movies, take good photographs, send email, talk to people, - what more do I need?
@Icydoll (31490)
@allknowing My dad uses feature phone to make calls . I used feature phone but not anymore.That Nokia model is always my favorite one .
@coldplay8 (161)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i just send photos there and my videos are short like, a couple weeks ago, i took a video of snow falling which was barely 5 seconds. not sure what to say else.
Videos cannot be short all the time.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@allknowing i know. their policy doesn't seem good as in the beginning, it seems
@sjvg1976 (38750)
I use WhatsApp for messaging and calls. Sometimes when there are low signals and one has wifi, WhatsApp or another such app is useful in doing calls. I never heard that we cannot watch/upload videos of timings more than 2.5 minutes
I like it my granddaughter uses it to show me her two kids playing.,
An email will let you see them on the big screen