I I think they made the right decision.

@AmbiePam (128619)
United States
September 30, 2026 4:15am CST
Well, $150,000 for dirt is a lot of money. But not when you could wait a few years and get close to a million for the land. My dad had a meeting with the church board last night to vote on if they should sell dirt on the land they own behind the church. They (the Turnpike Authority) are expanding the turnpike, and it will be being built right along where the church is. Obviously, they need dirt. While $150,000 is a nice chunk to be effective in the community, the land now is worth more, and by the time the turnpike is finished, those acres will be worth close to a million. That’s going to do a lot more in the long run. My dad was hoping they’d vote to wait as he wanted to retire leaving the church with a promising future. I remember the breaking ground service so many years ago before the church was built. Having foresight, my dad knew it would be wise to buy up land decades ago for the church because of future expansion. I remember the first shovel of dirt being tossed to start the building of the church. It makes me get a little teary at how far God has taken us, as we started with nothing. Would you have taken the money now, or waited for more in the future?
7 people like this
9 responses
@toniganzon (81909)
• Philippines
8h
Waited for more in the future. I think it's much wiser if there is no immediate need of the money.
3 people like this
@AmbiePam (128619)
• United States
8h
I definitely agree.
3 people like this
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
2m
Unless the money was just needed right now, I would wait for the more money in the long run.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (128619)
• United States
Just now
That’s what I thought too. They paid off the building several years ago so they seem to be in a good place.
@snowy22315 (213656)
• United States
7h
I think waiting to see how things shake out in the future is a better bet, unless there is a pressing reason not to.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (128619)
• United States
7h
Right. If there were a huge need it would be different.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
43m
I think wait on what God is telling... I think it is better to wait... patience is from God, if that what God put in your dad's heart, then waiting is the right thing to do.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (128619)
• United States
41m
Yes, I agree.
@JudyEv (389302)
• Rockingham, Australia
4h
I'd probably have waited but sometimes things don't really turn out as they should.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (128619)
• United States
4h
That is true. You never know.
@Wrexxo (8596)
•
7h
Waiting sounds smarter to me, especially if the land is gonna be worth close to a million by then. That's a lot more good the church can do in the community over time. Your dad's foresight really paid off, and I hope the vote goes the way he wanted.
1 person likes this
@AmbiePam (128619)
• United States
7h
Thanks, I’m glad it did.
1 person likes this
@wolfgirl569 (141264)
• Marion, Ohio
4h
Wait
1 person likes this
@xFiacre (15488)
• Ireland
4h
@ambiepam Smart move. It's great when you hold off selling if you suspect a higher price will come along even it takes a fair while.
1 person likes this
@Fleura (36239)
• United Kingdom
8h
I would wait if I could!
1 person likes this