How long did you know your honey before you realized he was the one?

Hey men/women how long were you with or knew your honey before you realized they were the one for you.
@blueunicorn (2409)
I was friends with my husband for about a year and a half before we got together. After our first official date I knew he was "the one".
I had known my husband for about a year myself and but wasn't completely sure he was the one until we had been together for a year,but I was being cautious because I had a very small daughter.
It is hard to get into a relationship with someone who has a child. That is a big responsibility to take on. It makes sense to go slow in that situation. My husband was actually in the middle of getting custody of his step son (yes, I said that right... long story) when we got together. A child being involved in the relationship changes the situation entirely. There is more than just the two of you to think about at that point.
@diillu (5128)
It was the love at first sight for me. I knew right at the moment after seeing him that he is just made for me. But I was just afraid that he might not think that way. We wend out for 5 more dates and then he too realised that we are just made for eachother. On our fifth date he proposed and ever since then we have been together. It's already been 4 years of relationship.
@palonghorn (5486)
We both knew about 15 minutes into our first online chat time. Yep you read that right, we met online, in a chat room that was geared towards our respective careers. And 3 weeks after that first chat he flew to see me for a week in Texas, a month after he flew back home, I was making plans to move 1600 miles. We've been together going on 3 years.
@ebsharer (5518)
I have to tell you a short story before I can actually answer that to give you the whole picture. A guy friend of mine called and asked me to drop him off at a bar resturant type of place where he was meeting some friends. Said he would be drinking and was going to catch a cab home. Ok I said. So we get there and he talks me into going in with him for 1 drink. I was very hesitant as I had had a long day and looked like hell. Anyway as we were walking toward a table I said is that (pointing) the table we are going to ... I didn't even know him and I knew he was the one. I looked at him and looked at my friend and said thats it I want him. We were offically intruduced about 5 minutes later. We were living together 4 days later and married 9 months later. Later in that year we moved 1200 miles away to be closer to his kids, bought a house, got pregnant, bought a mini van and here we are 4 years later going stronger then ever!
Wow! That was an amazing story. I'm so happy you took the time to share with us!
@ebsharer (5518)
Thank you - I am truly blessed!
We were friends for a couple months before we started dating then it was about 8 months after that, that we got married. We started dating September 29, 1996 and got married May 20, 1997. Oh yes, I remember it very well. I thought he'd never ask to go out with me....LOL! I knew the minute I laid my eyes on him he was the one! Almost 11 years later and I wasn't wrong! He is still the one!