Beware The Angry White Man

During the upcoming election, there is one group that has pretty much been ignored, but this is the group that will decide this election, and that is the angry white men (and women} who are tired of the endless BS that is shoved down our throats. This is not only about the presidency, but can also be applied to Congress as well, and is actually bipartisan as there are many people from both conservative and liberal camps who are fed up with the nonsense coming out of Washington. Anyway, here is the link: http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080209/ASPENWEEKLY06/198091324/-1/ASPENWEEKLY This is who will decide the elections, not the special interests... and certainly not the Washington Insiders.
I read this article last week. This year proves to be interesting to be sure! I hear Hillary is almost ready to pull out of the race and has begun thanking her campain workers.
After her statements in the debate the other night it did sound that way, however she now denies it. Yes, it is going to be a very interesting year. Regardless of whether the democrats or McCain win, this is going to be a bad year for conservatives. As far as I am concerned, there are three liberals running, but only two who are being honest about it.
@anniepa (27122)
I can't agree that McCain is a liberal but I sure do agree that he's far from honest! Annie
anniepa... I can guarantee you that the conservatives consider McCain as a liberal.
Actually I think alot of Americans have different reasons to be angry, white or otherwise, but I dont think it will be the angry white man that decides this years elections, it will be the college aged voters, that dont usually vote but are coming out in droves this year. They will be the ones to decide who wins the presidency this year, and they want change.
Hmm, did you even read the article in the provided link? If you did then you sure missed the point of it.
I did read it and I knew exactly what it was going to say before i read it. My point was that I disagreed with the article, it isnt the angry white man that will decide, it is the free thinking college students that will decide the election. They want change, they are open minded and free thinking, and they will decide the fate of this election.
@anniepa (27122)
I think the very same thing! The young voters have finally been awakened and let's hope they don't go back to sleep anytime soon. It's their future and they're finally taking part. Annie
@anniepa (27122)
I also read the article and disagree with it. While many of the things attributed to "White Men" in this article are positive and even honorable, there are some that don't even remotely apply to any of the angry white men in my life. I really had to laugh about the part where it said they will vote for anyone to keep Hillary from winning; sorry, but my husband, brother, son-in-law, six brothers-in-law, my daughter's father and step-father-in law, her 7 brothers-in-law, our combined 30+ nephews, cousins and uncles as well as assorted friends and co-workers, all of whom would definitely qualify as VERY angry white men are going to vote for the Democratic nominee in the general election, whichever one it is. For several of them this will be the first time they've ever voted and for several it will be the first time they did NOT vote Republican. Annie
It doesn't matter... no anti gunner, and no socialist is going to run the country... At least for a long while yet. Hillary's biggest problem is the baggage and reputation for being sleazy... as well as being completely out of touch with reality. I think you will have to put you socialist dreams off for a while longer.
@anniepa (27122)
I really don't care what label you choose to put on what I "dream" of for my country. I think we're going to move one step closer to it this year. Annie
@RobinJ (2501)
Wow I found that to be an interesting article,It is too bad that the Angry White Man doesn't have any political candidates of their own, because to me that is the answer if you don't like who is in charge be prepared to step in and make it better, throwing rocks from the side of the road and cat calls from a crowd are not going to inspire any one to vote, or not to, make a better plan of action just might. As the old saying goes "talk is cheap, so put your money where your mouth is" I am not saying I disagree with you or the article, it is just to easy to criticize than to find the right answers and use that to sway a vote
Well, I guess that since the best candidates for the job have been determined to be unelectable by the powers that seem to be in control of the US elections, then it is going to be up to the angry white man to see to it that the damage to the country is minimal. Perhaps that is why Obama ... who is about the most liberal Senator in Congress... seems to be getting so much support in traditionally republican strongholds. Think about it...