Do you like to have many close friends or few?

Some people will have very less close friends, one can count upon. Some will have umpty number of close friends and I wonder how they are managing friendship with so many. To keep up friendship, we should constantly be in touch with them, email, meet etc. I have few close friends and no problem. What about you?
@stephcjh (32327)
I have had many bad experiences with having friendships. They just do not ever work out because it is all one-sided. I was always there for them but they were never there for me. I have one close friend, and that is my husband. That is all I need for now in my life. I don't have time for other friendships right now anyway. I work alot of hours.
@msanin (131)
i rather have 1 real friend than have 1000 fake friends.. the only word i can find to describe someone i go out with and have fun is FRIEND but this doesn't mean shes my real friend.. i don't really have any close friends, i do have friends that i go out with and staff but other than that none.. i don't really need one, i have a really good friend which i trust a lot; shes my sister-in-law, shes like my sister because she knows everything that had happen to me in the past.. I also have my mom which i also trust a lot..
@Campino (58)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
When everything goes in a good way in your life you will have a lot of friends. Those friends are mostly the fake friends. Truly friends will be there for you when things are getting bad. It is better to have a few real friends than a lot of them. That's my opinion.
@gtargirl (5385)
Very interesting question. When I was young I had one best friend. I guess I've always just been one to have a few close friends. Recently however, it seems I run with a pack of girlfriends. LOL. And I love and need every one of them. I'm talking around 20 friends. We go to retreats together, email each other, read the same books, and I hope to get on board a cruise one day with them all. I could name them all but that would make for a boring response. Hehehehe.
@mnvamsi (539)
I love friends.. I'm not hear to make money its because i need friends lot of friends.. So i come hear..I already have good friends but i wanted to add some more good online friends who could help me find some thing online
@diillu (5128)
I also love few in numbers but close friends. Cause this way it would be easy to manage the friendship between friends. And if there's any kind of misunderstanding it would be easier to notice and it won't take too long to come up with the solutions or asking for the forgiveness. If there's to many friends then I think we won't even notice who's hurt by our actions that we didn't mean. And among those friends some friends becomes less valuable. I wouldn't want that to happen in my friendship. So, I have only few close friends but those friends are really dear to me.
@queenofarms (1665)
I don't have many close friends ..I barely have time for myself...If you what i mean..
@academic2 (7009)
• Uganda
Just one close firend who I love and respct with an undivided loyalty would do for me-whyhave so many friends whose loyalty to you become questionable!