I just found an aluminum rotorary gasless lawn mower on sale in my area.

@writersedge (22580)
Ace Hardware has a 16 inch reel lawn mower with sharpener for $89.99. It was in the ad pages in our newspaper. It's like the old fashioned lawn mowers only lighter. That seems like a deal to me.
I bought my reel mower for $84 at the local Home Depot but it didnt come with the sharpener. The sharpener is an extra $15 and after a year of using my mower I am wondering how long it will be until I need to buy that sharpener. Congrats on that great deal. I hope you make it on time.
@writersedge (22580)
Thanks, I'll be going after I get off my computer. I was feeling badly after my last post that we didn't have a home depot here. Lowe's doesn't seem to carry them, so I thought unless I could hitch a ride to another state (closest one is two hours away in Vermont), that I would ever get one unless someone was going south of here 3 hours away and I could hitch a ride. I didn't even know you could get a sharpener, we have a person in a small town near here who has a business sharpening all kinds of tools and lawn mowers. So live and learn. Sounds like it will be a wonderful deal. If there's none left, I'll have to bug them for a raincheck. Thanks for letting me know what a great deal it is!
You are welcome. I hope you love it.
@writersedge (22580)
I walked in the door, no reel lawnmowers, the clerk said they were sold out and she asked if I wanted a rain check. So I said yes. She gave me one and said they would call when they came it. So I didn't quite make it in time, but I'm on the list for the next batch.
@whittby (3073)
This sounds like a good deal to me too. Not only the price, but not having to buy all that gas, getting some good exercise too. congratulations.
@writersedge (22580)
IT was a terrific deal to lots of people, so now I have a rain check and I'll have to wait until more come in. Thanks and take care.
@writersedge (22580)
I got it! Works great and I haven't even sharpened it yet. Will do way better after I have. Take care and thanks for the congrats.
That is a good deal. I'm glad you found it. If it's gasless, that's an even better deal. I like that idea because it's better for the environment, and it'll save you money, in the longrun.
@writersedge (22580)
I can't believe I found any in my area. I hope there is still some left when I get there.
@writersedge (22580)
Yes, it's just blades that rotate as you push it. So the only power is you pusing it. It's really really cool.
That seems like a great deal! Nice and light and gasless. Saves you lots of money and it's a great "go-green" investment. Congrats to you for looking to save money and energy at the same time! Have to give you a + !!!
@writersedge (22580)
Can't wait to buy it, hope there are some left when I do tomorrow! Thanks and take care.