There was NO WATER! Not to drink, flush, or wash your hands!! OMG

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Yesterday we had an early b-day party planned by my in laws. We went to one of our State parks. It's called Elephant Rock. We had never been and had an awesome time. THe kids went climbing with my hubby, the weather was terrific. My sis in law made delicious cupcakes. Over all a wonderful experience. everyones surprise there were NO water signs everywhere. We had to use chemical toilets. And hand sanitizer was provided. There was apparently some sort of sediment in the water. Ever had an experience like that? Even without the H20 still well worth the 2 hour drive down.
@mtdewgurl74 (18121)
Yeah, I have had that problem. even with sediment in it it should have been good enough to be able to flush the toilet and just turned off under that sinks. Sounds like everyone had a fabulas time. I hate going to parks that have no toilet at all Here in Kentucky we have alot of those. It kinda takes the enjoyemnt out of enjoying the beauty and fun to be had when your constantly it seems running a kid down the road to potty. Right now my toilet is messed up and has to be flushed using a bucket, I am hoping to get that fixed by this summers end.
@mtdewgurl74 (18121)
Hey Thanks for the best response I really appreciate it ersmommy1. Hope you have a great day today.
I noticed that you tagged Elephant Rock with Kentucky. Where in Kentucky is it?
@KrauseHome (34216)
That is why when we go somewhere like that, we usually try and plan ahead and bring extra water, etc. with us just in case. But if it is somewhere that is very pretty and worth going too, as long as they provide sanitizer for your hands, that does work, and I know some people that say it is better than water, and I see them only using that. But if it was still worth the experience then it sounds like it was truly worth it for sure.
ersmommy1 that is a bit bizarre to not have any water in a park open to the public. It was nice thoughg that your trip was still worth it anyway. I have never had an experience like that before, seems really weird.
@lilybug (21148)
I would be annoyed about the water. I have been to Elephant Rocks before. I went last year with my sister, mom, and kids. My son was wanting to climb up on all of the rocks. He is bugging me to go back because he had so much fun there.