Who are the best wives in the world???

Japan
Compare the women around the globe; who do you think are the best wives in the world? I think Filipinas are...*wink! Filipinas are affectionate people by birth so they raise affectionate and happy healthy God fearing children. They know how to take care of their husbands and how to satisfy them in bed. As Asians, they have the exotic beauty that can be aphrodisiac and best of all they have the sense of religion where they are guided by God to be able to portray the real roles of a best wife. They are born savoring the word "sacrifice"; even if their own happiness is on the like just for the benefits of their kids, family and husband..I do agree coz my mom is one! *grin
@grammasnook (1877)
It is so wonderful that you respect your culture the way that you do and I am sure your mom is wonderful. Here in the United States we also believe in a God although some may be different than others most do believe. But honestly to me marrying a person does not mean that you sacrafice anything, it means that you combine together and make each other whole in love. Waiting on a man well heck that is not in my eyes being a good wife. Listening, loving, respecting and supporting him is all it takes. As for the beauty all women are born with that it begins on the inside and as you get older you glow. I have been married for many years and have had 5 children and still live a wonderful life with the man I fell in love with so many years ago. He did not marry me to be his maid he did indeed marry me to be his partner (equal) I do not knock your culture in any way what works for you does not work for others and visa versa.
Hi there. I agree with you on this. Waiting on a man does not necessarily mean that you are a good wife. "Best Wife" is a relative term. Although i am a Filipino, i have seen women from different culture love and take care of their husbands better than i do. I tell you, I thought i was the best there is until i met my mother in law. I have never seen a woman so secure of herself, so strong and sweet at the same time when from my point of view she is being treated as a maid. But then again, the best that i am is not because i am this "nationality." It is because i am aware of my role as a wife, and i know what i can give and what i deserve to get in return.
• Japan
Five children? how did you manage that? In Japan, we can call you super mom! Your situation is really common to Philippines and I admire you for your courage to raise 5 children.
@checapricorn (16076)
[i]Hi grace, I believed women in every Country can be the best wives and mom also..Once we are pampered with love, respect, care and trust, the best of us will always prevail to what we are doing to our Family in words or actions... We are very lucky to have that type of Mom, I would say my Mom is extra loving and caring also like others Mom and there are also Mother whatever their races are who are not affectionate and who never take care of their child! We heard a lot of news about child being harass and raped by their stepfather and the mother just keep it and ignore the situations etc![/i]
@dpk262006 (42488)
I have not been to your country so cannot guess how sincere and good are wives in your country. I can vouch for wives in India, who are not only beautiful from outside they are beautiful from inside too. Indian wives are very committed to their respective husbands and they take absolute care of their husbands. They are very good at maintaining coordial relations not only with their respective husbands but their respective in-laws too. They would love to sacrifice their comforts for the sake of their husbands and kids' comforts. My wife is a one amongst them and I can say with conviction that she is very devoted towards me and my family.
• Japan
I somewhat agree with you, Indian wives are also committed ones and they are really fine people. Do you think it has something to do with the culture or the country respectively?
@mjmlagat (3171)
Hi there! I somewhat agree with you on certain aspects but I strongly believe that it's not really whether you're nationality is this or what that you could be the best wife in the whole world, but it depends more on the woman's orientation and values on relationship and marriage. Having said that, I believe there are also successful, fulfilled, and happy wives all around the world just like most of the Filipinas.
• Japan
In mom's culture she was raised to be a house person. She doesn't have too many choices or options in life so she was used that way and she continued raising her own off springs to be such. I somewhat agree with you too when you said there are many successful wives around the globe but Filipinas are everywhere around the globe not only here in Japan. hehehe.. My Japanese neighbor said the same, he loves her filipina wife so much coz she is just so submissive maybe out of fear that her husband might leave her for another girl. In PI there's no divorce so women tend to sustain forever and they are still practiced that way.
@eiram25 (1077)
i like to think that Filipinas are the best wives.because I think I am.lolz! I try to give the best love and care that I can give to my family.But in fairness to other nationalities,i think any women can be the best wife to their own husbands.that is if,they truly love them.happy mylotting!
• Japan
kudos for you!! appear to you!! I'm a Filipino-Chinese and I consider my mom not only the best wife in the world but best mom too. But sometimes she can be too traditional..hehehe. Do you have the same mom as i do?
LoL. This discussion can be very very biased. What we really need is a guy who married a whole bunch of nationalities so he can give his complete opinion lol. Well i think the best wife would be not only someone who is effectionate, but someone who listens to her husband alot! I know most of the time that men as hesitant in getting married because they will have no life since their wife will take over, but if she gives him room and is very understanding then they will luv each other more. Also a wife who gives a lot of hospitality, and is very responsible when it comes to house chores, and definitely a wife who is abbsolutely not lazy at ALL. This is just my humble opinion about what a wife should be like.
• Japan
haha..i agree with you...every wife can claim they are the best wife in the world.. being a wife must be full of sacrifices, that's why i think i have to think it over before joining the force.LOL
Hi i am an Irish man living in Ireland i have been married 3 times, once to an irish woman , once to an english woman and once to my preasent wife that is pinay and she is the most loving and caring of them all. I found love and happynes with her that i never found with any other, she is most beautiful and has the most beautiful long black hair with black eyes and lovley tanned skin. there is only 8 years of difference between our age and she looks much younger as i am tols i do myselfe hehe What more can i say if you want a beautiful careing, loving interesting , companian and wife then go to the phillipines .. Douglas N. Ireland UK.
well, it depends how she care, not only scarifies (damn! why women have to sacrifies always not men too? :D ).. I am an Indian and married to a Thai girl, she is so caring, supportive and for me best wives in the world. we dated 4 years long then we happily married (both ways Thai-style as per her wish and Indian-Style my parents wish). I have had a daughter now... Everything is depends how you both adjust with each other.. women is not like to scarifies all for her family, she also have dreams like we men have too.. and I always try to give best to my wife and make her wishes/dreams comes true.. so, last i only can say it depends how you both adjust with each other, and I agree sometimes it will take time to adjust bt try your best to adjust her and think she is also someone's sister, daughter and also have some dreams about her new family and give love and care as much you can.And it doesn't matter if shes Asian or European
The best wives are the ones who are treated with love and respect from their husband because if "mama aint happy no one is happy"
@Foxxee (3654)
LOL! I love that saying... "IF MAMA AINT HAPPY, NO ONE IS HAPPY!"
@TessWhite (3147)
So lets see, a definition of a good wife is one who is asian, who sacrifices her own happiness to serve her husband and kids, and one who "puts out" whenever the husband wishes huh? Man, is it any wonder I'm no longer a wife? LOL Sorry, all kidding aside - I think a good wife is one who loves her husband and family, but also appreciates the fact that she shouldn't have to sacrifice herself for ANYONE. She knows that if mamma isn't happy, ain't no one happy. She shares the duties with her family rather than serving them and teaching them to be selfish. She stands by his side thru the good times and the bad. Oh, and beauty? Its not the outter beauty that counts - its the inside beauty that matters most of all. So whether you are asian, indian, or american its who you are, not who you serve that matters most.
ommgggg i thought i was the only one who was thinking this hahaha... marriage is something that should be shared equally, a man should give as much as he receives.
It's great that Fillpinas make great wives. I actually have a crush on a Fillipian actress/ singer. But hey, those are far stretched dreams. Anyways, I just like to think that a person who can understand his partner makes a great wife. You can be anybody. But you have to understand your partner to be good. Hoping my crush comes true.. lol bourne
• Japan
understanding someone is too much of a sacrifice :-) You have to make ur brain a li'l bigger just to consider what ur husband is; his attitude, his likes, his dislikes..worst if it's too far from the way the wife is... ughhhhhh i don't know if i can be a good wife like my mom...hehe
@Tushavi (2075)
i think Pakistani Wives are best & greatest Have billions of proofs In Pakistan There is 1% Divorce average. the worlds cheapest Average forever.
• Japan
1% is so low!! Amazing! Do Pakistan have divorce? I only know 2 countries with no divorce Philippines and Malta so probably Pakistan have divorce and the percentage of divorce that you said is amazingly low...
@cornlier (33)
i think mexicans are the best wives cause some are broke and try to do the best for there kids. Plus try giving them things they need.
• Japan
I think Filipinas also do the same...maybe because mexicans are spanish oriented, same as Filipinos...I should befriend a mexican to find out. unfortunately, mexicans wanted to be with other mexicans :-(
am not really sure about that because there are other foreign wives who can also do the same thing as a Filipino does but they don't sacrifice their careers. Yeah, that's what a Filipina was very good at but don't forget that they are also lovable,hospitable and have a big heart understanding. sacrifice meaning they can compromise and adapt for the sake of the family.
@msedge (4020)
I am a filipina and i know i am a good wife and a mom to my daughter.My mom was also the same but i think any race can be a good wife and mother depending on her principle being a married woman.Race is nothing to do to become responsible in life.I admit some women here in the US is really different.Some don't value marriage so much but in fairness to others there are some also that are good wives and mothers.
@vanities (11340)
• Davao, Philippines
nice question grace!!! im a wife too..but if i have the chance to change what i am now (that is for the better)..i will since i dont think im a good wife material...when comparing globally that is according to nationality i could say that it will depend on what kind of women..that is in terms of behavior,attitude,concepts or whatever..or how deeply she is committed for being a wife material...that is irregardless of nationality..
@jdyrj777 (6563)
I think this is a person thing not national. Im sure there are just as many bad wives and good wives in all countries.
@alkhansa (88)
• Saudi Arabia
The best wife in the world ... should be : someone who is strong and have confidence in herself so she would not lose herself to her husband. Someone who can respect differences, able to compromise to find a win-win situation. Someone who can resolve conflicts in a dignified manners instead of resorting to dramas. Someone who can love her husband and expect to be loved in return. Someone who can respect her husband and expect to be respected in return. Someone who is an equal partner to her husband and not his maid or servant. Someone who is playful and know how to have fun. Someone who is loving to her children and try her best to raise them well. I can go on and on and on and on ... I am striving to be a good wife to my husband and to be a good mother for my children. But my husband told me more than once, I'm a good wife to him. :-)
@nickventere (1426)
• Zambia
This is a very interesting discussion and more interesting observation, too. However, I feel that it is too opinionated. Have you taken into consideration other peoples, such as Africans. Most African women are very submissive a man might feel he is a god. A friend of mine told me Japanese women are also very submissive. However, I see it in this way: it al depends in what time, place and culture one lives.
@savypat (20248)
Happy ones
@Annmac (950)
I don't think any Nationality has the monopoly on 'Best' of anything. The best wife or husband is the one who goes into marriage as a partnership and who is willing to love and support their partner through all the good and bad times life throws at them! I didn't need God to guide me into being a good wife or mother, I just needed a man who loved and respected me and children that do too. As for sacrificing my happiness for them, surely that should work both ways in any good relationship. They want me to be as happy as I want them to be! I've been married 38 years and so I must be doing a good job of it!
Good spirited proclamation of virtues. Sometimes this would come off boastful, but you pull it off well, I think. Sort of with a good humor and a smile. There are many qualities which make a good wife. While, I don't think any nationality has a specific "lock" on those virtues, I mostly like everything you proclaim about your nationality as far as wives go. But, perhaps, from a different perspective, I also value independence and self-volition. Men might think a wife that is always-giving is a great thing. But, sometimes .. in practice.. being always-giving can be taken for granted. I think a women needs to have a strong enough sense of self that the man recognizes her for an equal partner. That the man understands she is not to be lightly taken for granted. Being seen as willing to "sacrifice" seems to be setting the woman up, I'm afraid. "God fearing?" .. I like good people and good hearted people who typify the whole judge not lest ye be judged and do unto others ideas. But, I have found I cannot easily predict from a person's professed religious fervor what their degree of inner peace will be. Here in America, we have "God Fearing" people who are hate-spewing abominations in my eyes. There are also judgmental old biddies, eager to gossip about anyone else's shortcomings. Among Roman Catholics, also, the appellation of "God Fearing" and later suggestion of knowing how to "satisfy" their husbands are mutually incompatible. (Roman Catholics aren't supposed to use any form or reliable birth control, so you can only have carnal knowledge if you are interested in the reasonable possibility of yet another kid in the house.) But, I think, going with the spirit of your perceived intent, you did make me smile. You portray well the women of your nationality and, assuming the men are equally devoted and protective, it is a good mental picture to imagine.