Tearing Down the First Amendment

McKinley v. eHarmony is yet another attack on the free exercise clause of the constitution. This decision forces a company founded by Christians on Christian principles to provide services that many Christians will see as immoral, un-biblical and wrong. The court, effectively, decided that Christians have nor right to uphold their morals and religious principles in business. It also removes our right to do business with businesses that uphold our values. A more detailed commentary can be found at: http://hubpages.com/hub/Tearing-Down-the-First-Amendment The short form is this. McKinley was upset that eHarmony didn't cater to gays so he sued them and got the court to force a Christian founded company to open a secondary sight serving homosexuals. Here's my question. If the objective is to "preserve the rights" of individuals why is the end result the elimination of specifically enumerated constitutional rights? Why don't I have a right to be offended at organizations that cater to people who oppose my values but they have a right to prevent me from offending them? Finally, how does the right to do something result in the requirement of others to support that thing even if they find it immoral or unethical? if this wasn't a proverb it should be: "Just because it's legal doesn't make it right."
@Taskr36 (13923)
This is just the beginning. Since Obama won the election left-wing extremists have been coming out of the woodwork to force their will on others. Now eHarmony can't even choose how to run its own company.
The near super majority combined with the Republicans being more comfortable as an ignored minority has given them a great deal of courage but conservatives still make up over 60% of the country. To Bad less than 40% of the country votes.
@Taskr36 (13923)
I don't know about conservatives making up 60% of the country. During the election I consistently read the Rasmussen Reports polls and Democrats always came out with the plurality. Currently the polling says 41.4% democrats, 33.8% Republicans, with 24.7% not being from either party. Now I do believe that in reality the majority are more for fiscal conservatism, but they still don't identify themselves as Republicans.
@Maggiepie (7821)
[b]In point of fact, it isn't legal, Constitutionally speaking. I mean, we're also guaranteed the right to associate with whom we please! And if I choose not to associate with someone, NO LAW is supposed to make that happen--ESPECIALLY considering the right to freedom of religious practice! Sigh...welcome to the USSA.... Maggiepie[/b]