Do you meditate

Meditation - Self reflection
@ajit25 (1010)
The benefits of meditation are enormous. It calms our mind and body. In these fast and frenetic times, it has the most important ability to replenish mental and emotional energy. Meditation enables you to create new attitudes and responses to life, giving you a clear spiritual understanding of yourself. Meditation is the process of re-discovering, enjoying and using the positive qualities already latent within you. Like any skill, meditation requires practice to achieve positive and satisfying results. By doing little every day, it soon becomes a natural and easy habit, which generously rewards you for the little effort it involves.
@dragon54u (31609)
I don't meditate in the way people think. But I do sit quietly, close my eyes and pray. It's very relaxing, cleansing and refreshing. Sometimes I'll just do it before going to sleep and there are times I may do it one or two times a day besides bedtime.
@ajit25 (1010)
I think what you practice yourself to relax and refresh is meditation. What you said i too practice to refresh and relax myself
I have been practicing meditation for a little over a year now and even though I have not as yet been able to completely quiet my mind, EVERYBODY around me has noticed how much calmer I am. At first I could not sit still for longer than 5 minutes, nor could I shut the hell up, hehehehe. I discovered that chanting 'om' worked very well at giving me something a little more 'engaging' to focus on than my breathing, but now I effortlessly sit quietly for 20 minutes everyday, and it is only the occasional thought that I catch myself dwelling on. Nor will I have been dwelling on it a long time before I notice anymore either, whereas it used to be that I would have been following some train of thought for ages before I realized it!