Are you afraid of bees/wasps?

@phyrre (1991)
A Wasp Feeding - This is the closest I dare get to a wasp. It was feeding on one of our hummingbird feeders (we love hummingbirds, but hate the wasps that also happen to love the feeders). I was standing on a chair about 5 - 10 feet away and taking pictures...lol.
It's getting to be that time again. Yup, that's right. Wasp and bee season. I hate the winter for the cold, but I really hate having all those bees and wasps around, too. And really, I'm not even sure why. I've been stung several times and it's never really hurt to be stung. It never bothered me. Yet, when I see one of them coming near me I quickly walk in the other direction to avoid them. My grandfather's always telling me that I should just ignore them because they're as afraid of me as I am of them (which I highly doubt because they have no problem flying near me!). I think my fear of them has something to do with the fact that my mother acts so irrational around them. At least I'm not quite as bad as she is. She'll scream and freak out, but I just calmly move away from them. So I was wondering how many other people suffer from this phobia? It seems pretty common among my friends, but then again my friends and I are special in more way than one...lol. So are you afraid of bees or wasps? If so, do you know why?