when it's hot, sunny, and humid out...do you run your air conditioner all day

We are just starting to get the typical summer weather here , and today is sunny, and humid! While I do have room air conditioners, I hate having my house all closed up all the time. So what I usually try to do is go around the house and follow the sun, by closing the windows in the room where the sun is presently coming in at, and closing the curtains, and blinds; and then when the sun moves to the other part of the house, I open the windows in the first room room, and close them on the side of the house that the sun is on presently. I usually keep the blinds closed all day, so as not to let the sun in completely. I have to say that it works much better, and my house always feels cool when I come in from outside. Even if I am working all day, I completely keep my windows shut, and blinds closed all day and I run the ceiling fans to get air. I hate coming into a house after work, and feeling the heat that I let in while I was gone. What do you do?