What is the point?

I don't see giving a ton of aid to the eathqauke devastated island Haiti. I don't because alot of it will end up being used by their corrupt goverment for themselves and not for the people who need it. Every year lots of money and aid goes to Haiti to help the needy,like the children who are orphans,but it never makes it there! The goverment takes it for themselves. With all the aid Haiti is supposely getting is not making a difference. Their goverment has been corrupt for years and won't change anytime soon. So don't expect alot of change in Haiti to help it's people or it to rebuild. The goverment will see to that! Knowing all this I won't be dnating any money to help Haiti!
blue65packer that is taking the easy way out. there are a lot of relief efforts that are going directly to the children and the people of Haiti who need literally everything,so if you have anything you can afford to send find the right people who are going over there to help like the medical people, this money goes to the people they are helping, look around,ask some questions as I would do if I had anything in the way of money to send to anyone. Ask questions and help those who are getting the food and medical supplies directly to those who are in need.
I did not know this four weeks ago. I have heard so many stories of how the Haiti goverment in corrupt and alot of relief that has been sent to Haiti in the past never gets were it is needed. I know now as long as you bypass the goverment and send money through legit relief sites there should not be a problem.
@jazzsue58 (2672)
I couldn't agree more. Yes, it is sad - so are the thousands of children who die of starvation and disease every day. It would be the same if it happened in Nigeria or Somalia - the corrupt would take it all. But there's another problem. People are preventing corpses from being touched or taken away, because the relevant magic incantations haven't been said. Who do? Voodoo! Yep, they still believe in all that stuff - it's their national religion. I am not going to evoke bad taste by saying things like, What's the problem? It just means there'll just be a lot more zombies walking the streets. Though it does make me wonder ...
Now I hear they are diggging massive graves and buring 10,000 people in them in one grave! I did not know Voodoo was the island's religion! If there wasn't so many rotting bodies to bury they would be doing the normal Voodoo ceremony! Yikes! this is not a good sitauation anyway you loook at it!